12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2015 6:39 PM by bejacob RSS

Mega bonus moving target

quiltsue63 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I was Gold status in 2014 and just made platinum at the end of December.  For the current Megabonus set to expire Jan 15, I had a 15 night goal (with 25K bonus) as a gold member when I registered in the fall.   I have carefully planned my travel to make that goal.  Today when I looked at my account, my progress bar says I need 20 nights to get 40K bonus. I can only assume this changed because of my change to Platinum last week.  But I am pretty ticked off because at the time I registered I was given the 15 night goal and planned accordingly. Now it is too late to reach the 20 night goal by the 15th.  Do you think I have any recourse here?  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mega bonus moving target
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

All you'll need to do is call the MR customer service line before 1/15/15. I've spoken with the CS reps several times and they will be able to change your current MegaBonus. It is important that you call before it ends. The recommendation each CS rep has given me it to call a few days before the 15th.

Even if you had initially received the 20 night bonus, you could still call to make the change.

One thing I would do befor calling is to double check your offer. It's possible you have an offer that earns 25k at 15 nights and then and additional 15k points for reaching 20 nights.If that's the case, you'll be fine. Otherwise a call to the MR Platinum line will sort things out. Just don't wait until the promotion is over.

Good luck, and let us know how things work out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

quiltsue63 Platinum

Thank you bejacob. You've prmooted me to drill down into the offer details and you are indeed correct. The offer is still 15 nights for the first level bonus.  Why they chose to change the status bar with 10 days to go I have no idea!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

See the february- april bonus promotion is out

paulthurley Platinum 2 Reviews

aanyone know why my megabonus is always the same.  35k points after 20 nights, then 2k for each night beyond up to 55k points?  I have swveral friends who are silver and gold. They seem to get a greater variety.

I asked  this once and was told  that it is by status. I am lifetime platinum and i always get this top plan which given i dont travel as much i could never reach. Usually i call the platinum line and try to get a plan more achievable

ndn Platinum

I think its by more than status. There are more offers than status levels. I am a gold, but with only 13 stays last night. I should have platinum this year though. My offer was not gold level.

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

I've given up on the rhyme or reason on the megabonus offers.  In the past if you were low level or weren't traveling much you'd get a lower offer - or could get it changed to one (such as stay 2, get 1 cert).  I'm LTP, my travel has decreased significantly (due to bizness & finances being down - I'm self-employed) & I always get a high # of nights & points offer.  It's obviously not because Marriott is paying attention to my stay pattern.  Of course now that they're not doing the Stay 2, get 1 Night, I'm pretty much toast/get nada/bupkus on the megabonus offers.  Ironically enough, back in my F500 corp travel I would have qualified for them but back then Marriott didn't really do the megabonus offers.  Now that they do my travel is less.  Ah well.

Cheers.

mybnj Platinum 10 Reviews

I did not get any Megabonus for the spring.   The funny things is I had a FAll Mega bonus that if I stayed 18 nights in  3 months by 1.15.15 I would get 30K points.  I achieved the 18 nights in December and this was my first megabonus achieved in 5+ years.   So I guess this may have played into my not getting a Spring? Oh well... it was like found points for me but I will say it influenced my decision to stay at marriotts when I had other options

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

mybnj, call MR customer service. Many of us have found (for reasons unknown) that we were omitted from past bonuses. All it took was a phone call to get signed up. It might help to review the offers out there for the upcoming period. That way you can ask them to sign you up for the offer best suited to your travel plans.

would agree I would suggest members post what they have been offered so I for one would be better equipped with what to ask for when I call. I have been offer the stay 20-25 nights

do you know that they aren't offering the stay two get one night free this round

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...