1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 3, 2015 1:44 PM by erc RSS

Instant Redemption Issue

baylighting Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am a  Lifetime Platinum Elite Member.  Attempted to use I stand redemption at Ritz Central Park and was told by hotel it could not be done for this hotel. Wanting explanation spent two hours with rewards customer service where the transaction was completed and instant or "not so instants redemption" went through.  Has anyone else had this problem and had easier resolution.  Really disappointed in marriott and even more disappointed in the Ritz for making it so difficult to use what has been earned. 

If anyone can tell me if they have had better success with instant redemption let me know how I should proceed for a smoother experience in the future. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Instant Redemption Issue
    erc Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

baylighting

Welcome to Insiders.

I can't tell you of any personal success, in that I earn 'em and burn 'em (points) and therefore given my low point balance, the conversion is too rich for my blood, but I can at least agree with your frustration. Instant Redemption Awards is one of those benefits (there's another one, but I can't think of it right now) that falls under the broad, "participating hotels" Terms and Conditions, where they inexplicably don't list the participating hotels (unlike the weekend non-breakfast point grantors).

So apparently the only way to avoid the major headache you faced, should you bump into one of those non-participating hotels (or a front desk clerk that doesn't know the hotel participates) is to call in advance and ask the property (of course, somewhat defeating the purpose of Instant redemption). If it turns out they don't participate, well then at least you know; if it turns out they do participate and don't know how to do it (like some of the early days with gift cheques) then possibly you can give them a pre-check out notice, so they can train on their time and not yours. For a room running anywhere from $700 to $1200, it's a shame you had to deal with the irritation.

Here's paragraph six of the T & Cs for Instant Redemption (go figure, why they even bother)
    Instant Redemption Awards are offered at participating hotels for the following Marriott brands: JW Marriott, EDITION, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, AC Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott, TownePlace Suites by Marriott, Gaylord Hotels, Moxy Hotels and The Ritz-Carlton. Instant Redemption Awards are not available at Marriott Vacation Club.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...