10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2015 3:43 PM by columbussig RSS

Ugh, gotta use our 'Corporate Credit Card'...

josephk Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, for the past 4 years, had been loving and staying with Marriott; and even got the Marriott Premier Credit Card ($85/year).  A few months ago, company I worked for required all expenses to be charged to the "corporate credit card" that they have issued to employees.

While I know that I will still earn Marriott points just by staying there (and 25% more for being gold).  I'm saddened that I'll miss out on those 5 extra points per $ spent that is charged to the Marriott credit card whenever I stay.

Anyone know if there's a Marriott incentive workaround program for this?  If not, here's my pitch to Marriott's marketing group - if someone had to pay using their corporate card, but have a Marriott Premier credit card at the same time (have to show proof or something), that Marriott (maybe Chase?) will out of their kindness would give the same earnings to the cardholder for their loyalty? :-)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ugh, gotta use our 'Corporate Credit Card'...
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

"Out of their kindness", WOW I love it what a great idea however, as much as I'd love to say you betchya it's probably more of a fairly tale wish than anything else.

I also had to use a work related credit card for years of Marriott stays.  I didn't even bat an eye at not getting the points from having a Marriott credit card as I figured if I was lucky enough to have the employer pay for all those nights I was in a Marriott bed each year and ME get the points I win regardless.

Best of luck with your proposal, all us Insiders are will be right behind you with the plan.

As our pal erc would say "GO MAN GO"

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ndn Platinum

It's an absurd proposal. However, you can sign up for membership rewards on your corporate card; that is what I do.

gp13581 Gold 2 Reviews

If you could describe how you connected your corporate card to your membership account, it would be greatly appreciated.   I too wish I could recieve credit for what I charge on my corporate card.  I go out of my way to stay at a Marriott while the rest of the team might be staying somewhere.  I am truly a point *****.  

ndn Platinum

gp13581,

My corporate card is am Amex corporate (green) card. It does not come with Membership Rewards (Amex's points, not Marriot's) free. You can pay $90 a year to be able to accumulate Amex's Membership points at a rate of 1 point per $1 spent. I am not allowed to expense the $90 fee, since it is for personal gain. However, I also have an Amex Platinum personal card. I set up my accounts so that they are actually the same online account. The cards are separate, but the account I use to log into americanexpress.com is the same. Then when I am charged the $90 fee to be able to earn Membership Rewards on my corporate Amex, the charge actually goes to my personal account. I don't even have to worry about putting on an expense report that I am pay the fee! Points that I accumulate on my corporate card go into the same bucket as any I may earn from my Platinum card (which I almost never use, but for which I did get the 50,000-point sign-up bonus).

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I did also and just did add a card and put the number in . I got all the AX points from my company and personal cards

I think it would be up to Chase as they I believe give the points as an incentive for you to use their card. So why would Chase want to allow points for someone using a competitors card

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

And the reason that Marriott won't do that is the same reason that you're required to use the Corp Card. The Corp is getting a rebate. So part of the benefit that you used to get is now going to the company instead of to you.

ndn Platinum

That's really not likely. The reason I am "required" to use the corporate card is so that the company can standardize our expenses. It makes sure that we account for expenses in a timely fashion because the system tracks whether we created expense reports for each charge. It also removes the responsibility I have to pay the bill. I can get Amex membership rewards for corporate purchases on my corporate card.

I think you are both right. Company wants standardization and also gets a rebate

columbussig Platinum

All I have to say is take advantage of the Amex rewards as long as possible!   My company a Fortune 20 company broke off the rewards program with Amex.   SO the only points I get is the staying points, besides personal travel where I can use my Marriott CC.

The company saved over $500,000 by severing ties with the Amex program, so unfortunately might be happening to more and more companies!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...