4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2015 5:44 PM by blueheaven RSS

Additional ways to get points

paulthurley Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

aside from stays to get points, I use the rewards platinum credit card for all my business expense.  has anyone found other good ways to earn?  I am thinking of switching my rental car program to Hertz.  But is it worth it?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Additional ways to get points
    jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

i use their online shopping portal which gives me extra marriott points plus the points for using the credit card for stuff i would buy online anyways. I do have hertz but other car rental places are much cheaper although marriott does sometimes have promos for 2k or 5k bonus points with hertz. If you have a business, i would definitely try their portal since they have 2pnts/$ or more at staples, homedepot, lowes, best buy, fedexoffice, ect.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ndn Platinum

Whose rewards platinum card do you use?

Jsucool76 Gold

If you're in the US you could get the ritz carlton card, 140k sign up bonus right now. gives the same rewards structure as the chase marriott premier, but offers a 10% annual bonus on points earned through spend. Helps out a bit.

blueheaven Gold

I will echo the reponse by jm1991 and also add that I frequently make purchases through the shopping portal ( www.marriottrewardsmall.com ) that don't need to be shipped.  Several merchants (such as Office Depot, Lowe's) offer in-store pickup of your order. I usually get more points per purchase by doing that, plus my order is ready for me when I get to the store.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...