4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2015 8:40 PM by clebert RSS

Too many activities for 7 days??

chromeyun80 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

FHello all! First time post here after many months of sneaking around as a guest reading helpful posts and tips.

I'll be visiting Cocoa Beach, FL for about 30 days for business (solo), then followed by a week of vacation accompanied by my famliy.

My family (wife and 15 Months old) planning trip to Orlando area.  Plan is to stay at Orlando for 4 days and upon arrival visit Sea World (1day) followed by Disney World (2 days) then travel to either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami for 3 days and travel back to Orlando and finish the trip with 1 more day at Disney World.

Currently i'm planning on staying at JW Marriot Orlando (First time in JW) followed by another marriott hotel in or around Miami then finish my trip at Marriott's Lakeside Reserve (Orlando).  I guess my intent is to stay away from my norm (FI,RI,CY, etc...)

Any hotel suggestions in South Florida along the east coast?

Keep in mind I have toddler who will not care and won't remember a thing visiting most sought after amusement parks.  =)

Obviously this is our first time visiting Florida.  Any recommendations for local attractions would be appreciated.  Shopping/Food (Kid friendly) is our thing.  Those with kids probably understand =).

Thanks!

Oh, and one last thing...

My nights show i have stayed 63 nights.  Obvisouly with above trips, i'll rack up another 8 nights which gets me to 71 nights. 4 nights shy from Platinum.  I don't think i'll reach "P" status even with my Marriott Visa.  Should I bother calling reward line and work a deal??

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando, Florida,
  • Re: Too many activities for 7 days??
    clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I have stayed at Marriott Vacation Club Beach Place Towers in Ft. Lauderdale and also the Ritz-Carlton in Ft. Lauderdale.  Highly recommend both properties!  Full disclosure:  I got an amazing rate at MVC ($84) because I get the timeshare owner's discount, and I also got a very good rate ($250) at the Ritz through the American Bar Association.  Both properties are kid-friendly, but the MVC is especially great because the rooms have kitchenettes or full kitchens, depending on what size room you book.  The beach is right across the street, and the Ritz has a walkway over the highway so you don't have to worry about traffic.  MVC has a kids' club and pool/splash pad for kids.  Ritz is also pretty kid friendly, believe it or not.  Nice park across the street as well as the beach.  Great restaurants and shops all along the Ft. Lauderdale strip.  Upscale shopping nearby at the Galleria.  Publix nearby for snacks, etc.  I have found that Ft. Lauderdale is quite a bit less expensive than Miami.  But of course Miami Beach is great, too.  Have fun!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Welcome to Insiders chromeyun80 and glad you're posting not lurking!!

Are you already committed to the southeast coast of Florida, because the southwest coast is quieter and has gorgeous beaches at or near the likes of Florida Resorts | Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 5 Star Resorts in Florida – Naples Florida Resorts l The Ritz-Carlton in the Naples area as well as  Sanibel Island Hotels | Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa in Ft. Myers?

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I can't agree more about SW Florida.  I like Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, but I absolutely LOVE Marco Island.  Naples Ritz and Marco Island Marriott are both heavenly, and both sit right on the beach.  Ritz has beachside bar service!

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

Oh boy chromeyun80!  Two days for Disney World!!!!!!!  Have you been before?  If not it will take you the best part of a day to work it all out.  I have been 3 times, each time for 5 days staying at Disney Hotels on property.  So no travelling except for the wonderful free buses between everything, and extra hours in the evenings that day visitors don't get.  Each to their own, but if I had only gone for 2 days I would have left very frustrated at missing so much.  As I said I have been 3 times, and there were still parts I didn't fully explore.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...