12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2015 7:28 PM by lindseyh RSS

JFK Hotel Recommendations?

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Alright Insiders, my sister is traveling to NYC and would like to spend her final night near JFK so she doesn't need to worry about traveling a far distance to the airport.  Her main requirements are cost effective and needs to have a free, reliable airport shuttle.  What hotel(s) would you recommend?  Thanks in advanced!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA
New York City, New York, USA
  • Re: JFK Hotel Recommendations?
    Jsucool76 Gold

The only two hotels super close to JFK, are a courtyard and fairfield. While I haven't stayed at either they both seem to have pretty good reviews on TA. Fairfield will get her the free breakfast though. Both seem to have shuttles that run every 30 mins.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

My only experience at a JFK hotel was last month actually and I stayed at the Sheraton (wife is SPG Gold). We got a great rate. The property has a free shuttle to the airport. I would normally recommend a Marriott property of course, but in the event they are more expensive this was a good one night stay for us.

Thanks ks77!  I've heard that the Sheraton is a pretty good property with a good shuttle service

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

II've stayed at the courtyard no complaints at all from us

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

I've stayed at Marriott Fairfield Inn, near JFK, on several occasions, and took advantage of their free shuttle to the airport on day of my flight. The hotel is nice, clean, with downstairs eating area for breakfast; however, there aren't too many good, nearby eating establishments for dinner. If you're staying in the city the day before, I'd suggest taking dinner there before heading to the Fairfield.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

kinda exactly what I would say as well.  I will add, my experience is that the Fairfield rooms are pretty small compared to others I've been in around the city.  They are however a pretty direct shot into the airport complex.  The Courtyard route is a little more of a drive and possibly impacted by traffic where the Fairfield really has minimal traffic concerns.

Thanks for the great insight fschumpert and zukracer!

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

I stayed at the Courtyard and was impressed with the hotel.  I was actually upgraded to the suite by just asking.  Big room!  Free shuttle to the airport.  They also picked me up after dropping off my rental car - just make sure you call the hotel telling them you are waiting.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Great insights and advice, everyone! Y'all rock!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...