4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2015 10:34 PM by alwweb RSS

Marriott Credit Card Bonus Nights

kylekeen Gold
Currently Being Moderated

This is my first end of year with the Marriott credit card. I earned the 15 nights stayed for having the card and also earned several other nights stayed credit for spending $3,000 or more. My question is I know the 15 nights are credited to my account every year but will the bonus nights that I earned for spending $3,000 also be credited every year or are these only on my account in the year they were earned?

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Credit Card Bonus Nights
    jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

kylekeen,

Welcome to Marriott Reward Insiders.  The night earned for each $3,000 spent are awarded each time you hit the $3,000 spend increment and are awarded one-time only.

Hope this helps.  For more information on the Marriott Reward Credit Card you may be interested in reading some of the posts in the "More Like This" column on the right hand side of the page.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kylekeen Gold

jakeal

Thanks for the quick response. So to make sure I understand, if I earned 4 bonus nights for spending $12,000 last year on the Marriott card, those nights are credited to my account in 2014 and will disappear once Marriott resets my account for 2015? So once they reset my account I will be back at 15?

Kyle

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

kylekeen,

Yes, that is how I understand the credit card bonus nights to work. 

There has been debate in the past about whether or not if at the end of the year the spend rolls over or restarts (e.g. at the end of 2014 someone has spent $2,500 on the card - does the $2,500 rollover into 2015 or does the spend start at $0 with the start of a new year).  I am not sure if there was ever a definitive answer regarding this.

I am taking our Marriott team (The specified item was not found., KatieC) to provide any other insight and confirm my opinion.

alwweb Platinum 4 Reviews

Your understanding is correct from my experience, but, if you have exceeded the number of nights needed for a certain level, then the extra nights will roll over to the next year, no matter how the points were earned.  For example, you earn your 15 nights just for having the card, you earn another 5 nights for spending money on your Marriott card, then you stay a total of 35 nights during the year.

This will put you at 55 nights (lets say for 2014).  Since you only need 50 nights to reach Gold Status, you will have Gold status for the remainder of the year where you earned it, plus the following year.  In that 2nd year (2015 in our example), you will have 5 nights that roll over plus your 15 nights on your credit card anniversary that will be applied, giving you 20 nights toward maintaining gold for the next year (2016).

One thing that confused me at first is that my Marriott Rewards anniversary (when my nights go back to 0 (or my rollover number) is not the same as my credit card anniversary, which is when I get my 15 nights and one night free voucher.

I hope this helps.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...