4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2014 4:17 PM by billabongi RSS

One Night Away Silver Elite - Bad CS

billabongi Member
Currently Being Moderated

I'm posting this as in the hopes someone here can help me with an escalation path.

I had a recent trip in December where the last night we stayed would be on points. I was unsure if I would get credit for the night when using points, so I specifically asked at the front desk at check in if I would receive a nights credit for staying on points and was told yes. I even explained that I would pay for the night as I was only 1 night away from Silver Elite and was told I did not need too. Come to find out that is not true and you don't receive a nights credit when staying on points. Being that I specifically asked about this, I reached out to Marriott Customer Service and unfortunately received some of the worst CS that I have ever experienced. I ended up being scolded for not knowing about this ahead of time and all blame was completely placed on me, glossing over the incorrect information given to me by a Marriott employee.

I would really like to escalate this as its no longer about the silver elite status or the 1 night and it's turned into making sure this person receives training or verifying if this is a pattern. I would say it's bad CS when I go from being a happy Marriott customer to a very upset customer on the account of "Customer service."

If anybody here knows of an escalation path for me, please let me know.

Thanks for your time,

James

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: One Night Away Silver Elite - Bad CS
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Usually a customer service rep reviews this site and  will likely contact you 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

James,

If you are only one night away, considering your circumstances and the date on the calendar, he/she should have granted it to you.  Call Marriott C/S again, telling your story and making your request to a different c/s associate.  They absolutely have the ability to grant things like this based upon discretion and good will, and in your case, it's a no brainer.  I think you just got a poor customer service rep on the phone.  There are unfortunately a few out there.  Be sure to be nice and after explaining, simply ask them if they would consider granting you the status in spite of the slight shortfall, as your intentions were good and oh, by the way, you just LOVE Marriott (be sure and get that praise in.)  Call again.  Call again today, and before closing, and best of luck!

Also, have you considered the Marriott Chase Visa card?  There is an annual fee ($85 I think, but waived the first year), but with it you get a number of goodies, namely 1) 15 nights credited to your rewards account, which automatically gives you Silver Elite status and 2) a free Cat. 1-5 certificate, which cancels out the annual fee, and in the case of many properties, it will put you ahead of the game (I have stayed using the Cat. 5 cert at Cat. 5 properties that were over $250/night!)

Check this out: Marriott Rewards® Credit Card from Chase

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi billabongi, and welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders! So glad to have you join us! You've joined a great community of well-versed travelers who are always willing to share their stories, ideas, and insights. This is also a great forum to ask question and experiences, such as the one you mention here. In addition to posting, you can always reach out to The specified item was not found., @KatieC, or NathalieF directly with any questions/concerns you have. We make up the moderation team for this forum and are always happy to help!

Sorry to hear about the experience you mention above. That sounds super frustrating! If you'd like, you can send me a private message with the best method of contacting you. I will pass it on to a member of our team and request that they reach out to you directly about this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...