3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2015 7:54 PM by kharada46 RSS

JW Marriott Ihilani - another status update

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

According to local media, the JW Marriott Ihilani will remain open beyond the original January 10, 2015, closing date.  The resort will now close around Easter.  However, because the Marriott contract is still expiring on 01/10/15, the resort will operate under an interim management company and will likely not retain the JW Marriott brand. 

This is certainly good for the employees that are still there, but how do they plan on keeping the property running?  They did cancel all reservations beyond the original closing date from what I understand, and according to another news outlet, half of the employees have already left for new jobs.

Ihilani to be placed under interim management

• Re: JW Marriott Ihilani - another status update
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Poor planning.  I remember when Marriott had a Renaissance on Maui and the closing kept being moved into the future.  There were some good bargains during that time.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I just checked the website for availability for Oahu for Jan 17 and the Ihilani does not show.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Agreed californian.  And yes, rooms are no longer available through Marriott.  It seems the only way to make reservations right now is to call the property directly.  It'll be interesting to see how they attract guests over the new few months! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...