2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2014 8:09 PM by mybnj RSS

Marriott's Fight for WiFi Fees....

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I realize that Marriott is changing their policy for WiFi charges to Rewards members. Looks like they would like to tell the rest of of the staying public, "Let them eat cake".  From the USA Today...

Google fights Marriott's plan to block Wi-Fi hotspots - Dec. 25, 2014

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott's Fight for WiFi Fees....
    robertlstein Platinum

Another reason I'm switching all my hotel reservations to another chain.  I will not support Marriott's attempt to interfere with the airwaves in clear violation of FCC rules.

Between this and the ever curious fact that Marriott doesn't see fit to provide free breakfast to elites at it's "business travel" brand, Courtyard, it's reached the breakup point.

This is in spite of being Platinum for the past 4 years.  Bye, Marriott!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott's Fight for WiFi Fees....
      mybnj Platinum 10 Reviews

For years the telephone companies charged extra for what they called "features" including a dollar for touch tone servcie, extra for caller id, call waiting, etc.  In fact, working for a telephone company at the time I can say we made more from '"featuers" than we did from telephone calls.  Technology changed all that.  In the end, this is all about Money and protecting profits.... this is not about customer service, privacy or security.   I do believe in time Marriott will figure out the bad publicity from this will far outweigh any ancilliary fees gained. 

I agree... bad move.    This is 1980's decision making which no longer flies in the days of social media.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...