15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2015 3:10 AM by tommo781 RSS

When does the "Nights Stayed" Clock truly end?

turbodave Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Can someone please tell me when the clock really starts & ends each year for "Nights Stayed credit"? Today is Jan. 1st, my account has been zeroed out for 2014. Spent 63-Niggts. 2015 night credit is obviously at zero. My account still says "Remaining nights needed for Platinum=12? I don't get it. How much time do I truly have to get the 12-Additional Nights

For Platinum? BTW, have been Gold Elite for years, have way more than the 2.5 Million lifetime Points earned for Platinum Elite for life, only short 45 or so nights to hit the magic 750-Career nights. Only curious about the 12 I'm short with my 63. I certainly close out the remaining 45 for lifetime Platinum. Be nice to get the Platinum Status back in 12 more, then before the years over, keep it for life with only another 33-stays! Does this question make sense to anyone out there? Thank You all & Happy New Year, Sincerely, TurboDave!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: When does the "Nights Stayed" Clock truly end?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

It ended at midnight on 31st December but Marriott's not particularly prompt about resetting the clock.

You didn't make plat but did stay 63 nights and are close to LT plat you might be complimented the status in Feb, if not, give the plat line a ring and ask what they can do to help you, it's been known to work!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

turbodave Gold

Thank You! Everything you said makes perfect sense. The only remaing confusion is; Why would Marriott Zero out my account & reflect an accurate night stay credit during 2015 as a 0.0 as expected. It just doesn't make sense to me that an inch to the right of my 0-nights for the New Year, I still have 12-Nights remaing for "Next Level"? Why wouldn't the 0-nights generate a new 75-Night requirement? I Don't get it. It doesn't really matter, I am simply curious. Gold for Life is more than fine. Platinum for Life will happen regardless with another 44-stays. For me, maybe 6 or 7 months. After 25+'years, what's another 44? Thanks again for your response, Happy New Year, TurboDave!

Aas Tommo781 says, it's just an IT snafu. Some of yours has reset, some not. None of my counters have yet reset. It'll be all sorted in a few days. The clock stopped on 31st December. You'll need 75 nights to requalify for plat, though in your case only 44 are needed to get to lifetime...

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

It will come right in the end.  It usually does.  It just takes a while.

bjones8162 Platinum 1 Reviews

Mine has still not reset (although 2015 reflect 0 nights), it still says I need 16 nights to reach Gold.  Anyone else?

Mine shows nil nights for 2015 and no nights needed to renew!

It all takes a bit of time because Marriott Rewards needs to include those last few nights in the year that can take a week or so to credit from the hotels. Don't worry, this happens every year and it will all come right in a week or so

I queried this point last January at the turn of the year.  As brightlybob says, it all got adjusted to the right figures after a few days.  Mine still reflects 2014, (it is saying I have stayed so many nights in 2015 it is impossible as this is only 5th) but it will sort itself out I am sure.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I'm still showing 2014 numbers, but if I recall from last year, it only took a day or two into the first full week of the year for things to reset.

By this time next week, everything should show 2015 information.

As I said before as well, it has all sorted itself out on my account now.

2travelforever Platinum 1 Reviews

Glad I checked this post.  I have been watching the my rewards stays and points wondering when they would get posted for this year. 

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Sure enough, here we are about a week from my last post on this subject and my account now shows the 2015 numbers. I suspect others are seeing the same thing about now (or will in a day or two).

mybnj Platinum 10 Reviews

My account was zeroed out, but similar to the initial post, mine too carried my prior nights showing credit into the new year.   Not sure how you call this as IT Snafu..... Programming accounts to reset based on a specific date is a simple programing code within a loyalty reward system.  I believe there is more going on here.   At any rate, certainly not complaining as it would appear I am in reach of Platinum for first time in 20 yrs.

mybnj Platinum 10 Reviews

Cancel my last post... mine just updated    Showing 10 nights for 2015.... looks like Im going on 21 years w/out plat.

paulthurley Platinum 2 Reviews

Mine shows 10 nights already for 2015 too.  9 rollover, 1 from credit card.  Hasn't logged the two actual nights yet. Need 1 more by the 15th for megabonus.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...