9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2014 11:10 AM by ks77 RSS

Rewards Member Appreciation

unicornma Member
Currently Being Moderated

I stayed at a hotel in New Jersey not too long ago, and was welcome with a bottle of water for being a member. i think that was nice. But just out of curiosity what have you guys received from a hotel that made you feel appreciated as an elite member?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards Member Appreciation
    jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

box of chocolates and a personalized card as well as a free breakfast and free wifi but thats becuase it was bday. i was a silver back then. Ive found water bottles at other hotels too, not sure if they had them for everyone.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

An upgraded room, CL and a nice thank you for being a Platinum by an Associate are ways I feel appreciated.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Over the past year I have received many welcome recognitions, in addition to the mandated points or items from the "market."

These have included bottles of water (many times),  bottles of wine (twice), complementary valet parking (once) and suite upgrades (4 times).  On other occasions, all we received was the mandatory point award and on one occasion, in Wilmington NC (Courtyard) we got a room with a bathroom door that did not close.

-rj Platinum

Some hotels upon arrival have given me credit vouchers for restaurants nearby, credit vouchers for their own bar, sent "goodie bags" to my room including beer, chocolates, candies, slim jims, and additional vouchers, along with thank you cards for coming to their hotel.  Others haven't been so generous.

Jsucool76 Gold

I recently got free wifi at an autograph collection hotel that didn't offer free wifi.

Note: This was before I was gold.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Getting a bottle of water is about the best i have gotten lately

noneya Gold

Most of the time I get water or water and nuts. Once in a while I do get a room upgrade.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

My wife and I were celebrating her birthday in Baltimore last year and I requested a suite ahead of time by contacting the GM. Not only were we given an awesome corner Jr harborview suite, about 20 mins after check in they sent up champagne and strawberries! It was a very nice touch and was definitely not expected!!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I like being thanked for my loyalty.  It happens more often than not (at least).  In the states I don't generally receive much else (half the time some sort of upgrade, nothing completely outrageous, though still appreciated), but being only a gold elite member, I don't expect much.  In Europe, I have always been treated to a bottle of wine or a plate of desserts along with a handwritten welcome note.  In Germany we have been provided with vouchers for wine and even entire meals (in the hotel lounge), which was quite lovely, and for no good reason other than to make us feel welcomed.  Hospitality it would seem, is not quite the same in America as it is in other countries.

The bottom line for me is being verbally thanked for loyalty.  If even that is missed, I tend to feel that the loyalty in my relationship with Marriott is one-sided.  The verbal recognition of my efforts toward brand loyalty gains ground with me by sort of certifying the relationship (and it costs nothing!)  No acknowledgement whatsoever leaves me feeling a bit undervalued.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...