17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2015 10:26 PM by Chitownguy RSS

Upgrade promotional e-certificate

ndn Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have a promotional certificate for a free night at a Tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton from the Ritz Carlton Credit Card. Is there any way that I can upgrade this (with cash or points) to book a suite? I never stay in rooms for personal travel--only suites; redeeming it for business travel serves no purpose, since that is paid for by my company anyway.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Upgrade promotional e-certificate
    Jsucool76 Gold

Haven't heard of ever being able to pay for a guaranteed upgrade when using a cert, with either marriott or ritz. You might be able to secure one as a gold though. Anything is possible.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ndn Platinum

I sent the message to customer service on it. Otherwise, I have no idea what I will do with the certificate.

Jsucool76 Gold

Have a staycation for a night.

ndn Platinum

I wish I have trouble getting a sitter for my son overnight. He doesn't sleep in the same room as my wife and me. He won't sleep and will just paw us all night--besides that packing up a 3-year-old isn't fun. That's why we only stay in suites. Its an abnormal situation.  Think I could convince them to change the certificate into points?

Jsucool76 Gold

Worth a try, worst they can do is say no, right?

And even if they wont convert it to points, you don't gotta spend the whole night there. Going in till evening and just relaxing, hitting the pool with your kid, spa for your wife. Grab dinner there or something. Won't be too bad.

ndn Platinum

I will figure something out yeah. I just put in the request to change it to the 140k promotion. I actually thought I was on a 70k promotion. I have had good experiences so far with the chase customer service. I had an accident the day after I got the card and it got destroyed. They replaced it. I am a good value customer for them, so let's hope they can work with me.

Jsucool76 Gold

Chase is usually top notch when it comes to matching sign up bonuses, however, with your cert already issued, it might be tough to get them to change it. Best of luck though!

ndn Platinum

We shall see! I spend the heck out of the card, though, so it is in their best interest!

ndn Platinum

It may make a difference also that I don't even have a first statement close for another 1.5 weeks.

Jsucool76 Gold

Oh, then you should be all good. I would just call up the JPM priority number and ask there. Get an immediate answer as opposed to 15 days for them to respond to a SM.

ndn Platinum

I called them up. They have to check with marketing first and said they would get me an answer in 2-3 business days. Considering that I have been spending 2k a week, I am hoping they will be motivated to help.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Great question, ndn! Im happy to send this question to a member of our team to look into. I'll let you know what I hear back.

ndn Platinum

It looks like Chase will extend the 140k offer to me. Gotta love good customer service!

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Awesome! Let me know if you have any other question or need help with anything else!

Chitownguy Platinum 1 Reviews

Ok, can you clarify (for the reading impaired lol) what did you say to get them to  change your cat 1-4 into points?  I have been using mine for the wife to have staycations away from our chaos; but would much rather have the 140 k which would  offer a lot more versatility. 

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

ndn Platinum

This was a Tier 1-4 (not cat 1-4) certificate that was a bonus for signing up for the card. It was a one-time bonus; shortly after signing up (days), there was a promotions tarted for 140k points. They allowed me to switch to that. Chase customer service--especially on this Ritz card--is amazing. That said, it probably helps that in 35 days with the card I have spent $14,000.

Chitownguy Platinum 1 Reviews

Ok, thanks ... I see I was mixing apples and oranges.  I've got a free stay from a promotional (maybe the megabonus) and turning that into points would be a huge benefit ... maybe I will call them anyway and see what happens. 

Thanks again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...