6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2015 2:16 PM by mikiegfla RSS

Tel Aviv Renaissance

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'll be heading to Tel Aviv in June and would like to get feedback from anyone who may have stayed at this hotel recently. The reviews that I've read on Tripadvisor were very mixed, which makes me somewhat concerned.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Tel Aviv, Israel Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel
Israel
  • Re: Tel Aviv Renaissance
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

My experience with the Tel Aviv Renaissance was about 4 years ago.  It was pretty good and outstanding by Israelis (or middle eastern) standards.  The room was quite nice and the lounge was on par with many of the better lounges.

The service was a bit below what one would expect in Europe or the US but that seems to be expected in that part of the world.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jcampbell Platinum 35 Reviews

I have stayed there many times.  It recently completed a renovation which makes it somewhat better but it is a far cry from awesome.  Service is hit or miss.  Lounge is nice but they do not go out of their way to refill or have hearty food, the breakfast buffet downstairs is good.  I do not care for the restaurant and there are others much better within an easy walk.  The gym is a lot nicer now than before.  I have started staying at other hotels in Tel Aviv and I am lifetime Platinum.  It is on the beach near the Embassy so that part is nice.  It is on par with other Israeli hotels mid-range.

travelbug100 Gold 10 Reviews

Totally agree on the service comment. Not friendly at all, nor do they go the extra mile to welcome Gold or Platinum customers. Executive Lounge is closed on Saturdays. Hotel is expensively priced compared to other options. Great location however- right on the beach. Has a pool and gym. Decent breakfast.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I agree with the other commentators.  I stayed at the Tel Aviv Renaissance in 2010 and unless they have made major changes I would not stay there again.  They were very unfriendly and in general unhelpful. The lounge was terrible, with staff who obviously did not want to be there.

I hope it's improved, but I wouldn't take the chance.

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

This is good info because Im planning several days this year in Tel Aviv and did plan on staying at this Hotel, but maybe not....

JD

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I'm back from Israel and am happy to report that it was a nice property, dated but nice. The location is primo and the service was outstanding.

The lounge was open seven days although not manned during the day on Saturday, however, there were drinks in the fridge for the taking.

The breakfast in the lounge was a bit skimpy but more than adequate, consisting of the usual Israeli Breakfast fare. One day we treated ourselves to a relatively nearby restaurant called Benedict's, and it was well worth the walk.

The furniture in the rooms desperately need to be replaced (circa 1987), but otherwise the carpet looks new and the bathroom was in very good shape and modern.

I hadn't experienced any of the poor service that others had written about here, so maybe they got the memo. The front desk staff were very friendly and extremely helpful when I called upon them.

All in all I wouldn't hesitate to check in here again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...