6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2015 12:20 PM by skiadcock RSS

Parking at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington (Crystal City), VA!

marcell Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

Just to let you know that if you're driving in to Arlington (Crystal City), Virginia to stay at the Crystal Gateway Marriott), the meter parking in front of and across the street from the hotel (and probably throughout the city) is one of your best options.  However, the meters are no longer set up to receive quarters.

In order to pay for meter parking, you will have to download the Parkmobile App to your phone or go online to Parkmobile.com to pay for parking by using the 6-digit code on the meter. The parking is not directly at the curb as they have made that space available for the bike riders. The parking has slightly moved to the left of the curb.

The parking rates are still cheaper than parking under the hotel.

Rates are $10 maximum Monday through Friday (8am to 6pm). Parking on holidays is free.  Rates are $0.25 per 15 minutes or $1 per hour. If you park across the street, Saturday and Sunday parking are free. If you park on the same side as the hotel, you have to pay for Saturday parking.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Parking at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington (Crystal City), VA!
    erc Platinum

Good stuff marcell, keep the ideas flowing.

Also this property, along with the Crystal City Reagan National Marriott will occasionally offer a good Stay and Fly Parking package (usually months in advance and as most deals at Marriott, occurring less and less these days - but they are out there). I was able to snag a Park and Fly for $40 more (it's no longer offered my nights) than the attractive weekend room rate ($139 vs. $99) for five nights parking. Now, as long as they take good care of my car, it's a deal .

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Both are also very close to the metro so most times i just take the shuttle over to the hotel and use metro to get around the city

erc Platinum

Absolutely, virtually all of the Pentagon City, Crystal City Marriott's have excellent metro coverage and are great for getting around town. The Pentagon City Residence Inn at a Category 4, still represents one of Marriott's very best values.

Marcell and I were leaning more toward the locals. I'm taking a group of five to vaboy's Grand Chateau in Vegas, (one room at $99, another room at $139 Park and Fly). We have an early morning flight out, which sadly rules out Metro (our system in "the most powerful city in the world" doesn't open until 7 am on weekends!) which even if taken, would cost me $40 - $50 in RT for five, metro fares, as well as time,12 stops with a station transfer each way), so these parking ideas come in handy.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

More great tips, marcell! Keep 'em coming!

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

Great tip!  Thx.

Cheers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...