2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2014 8:45 PM by joshuanoel RSS

New Year's Eve at Marriott Marquis Times Square??

joshuanoel Platinum 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square for New Year's Eve that DID NOT have a VIP/all access pass in the last couple of years? I have a room booked from 12/31-1/3, but the rate to even get in the two venues inside the Marriott that you can see the ball drop are more than I am willing to pay. I am wondering if I could have a few drinks at the hotel bar and then go outside to catch the ball drop? I have seen tons of posts from people giving their opinion on what happens or what is going to happen, but not very helpful as none of these people actually had a room at the hotel. I spoke with someone at the hotel to find out about street closures, hotel access, etc and the information I received was nearly useless.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York-Manhattan, New York, USA
  • Re: New Year's Eve at Marriott Marquis Times Square??
    mybnj Platinum 10 Reviews

Ive stayed at the marquis about 20x this year.    Great hotel, in the heart of times square, lots of people, crowds, never easy moving around on Broadway in front of the hotel and the construction going on outside the building does not help.  I would assume Broadway will be heavily blocked off with fences making it more difficult.  I give you credit for booking a stay there on new years and curious what the experience will be like so please report back and good luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Year's Eve at Marriott Marquis Times Square??
      joshuanoel Platinum 11 Reviews

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I have stayed there a few times before. I was just trying to get some help with some very specifics like can I relax in the hotel until say 11:45pm and then just pop outside to catch the ball. I was thinking that security is going to be so tight that they might even close off the front entrance? I just have no clue what to expect except for MAJOR crowds, which I am obviously prepared to deal with to some extent. I am just going to talk to a few people at the hotel and maybe get lucky and talk to people that have stayed there before for NYE.

Thanks again!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...