4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2014 7:02 PM by brightlybob RSS

Elite Status

tr07 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I joined Marriott rewards in September 2014.  I will have accumulated 30 nights for the 2014 year (4 month period).  Do these nights accrue for a 12 month period or do will I be starting over once 2015 arrives?  I'm wondering because I am on pace for platinum level if they do accrue for the 12 months and if not it looks like I'll be starting from square one.  Thanks for the help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Elite Status
    marriott_murph Platinum 1 Reviews

tr07 - Welcome to Marriott Rewards! It is my understanding that nights are counted on a calendar year. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

KatieC Member

We're checking on this for you, tr07.  Thanks for contributing to Insiders!

KatieC Member

You are correct, @marriott_murph! The Elite Status program runs on a calendar year, Jan.1 - Dec.31. If you earned 30 nights (elite night credits) in 2014 you will have earned Silver status for 2014/2015. Silver status requires 15 nights (elite night credits). The remaining 15 nights will "roll over" into 2015 and give you a head start on status goals for 2015. So 60, instead of 75 nights, would be needed to earn Platinum status in 2015. Make sense?

I hope this is helpful, tr07! Happy Holidays!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Hmmmm, odd one this, tr07, according to your post you're silver, but according to your avatar, you're Gold. If so, at 30 nights for the year there'll be no rollover and you'll be busted to silver in February 2015. You need to check your status which you can do online looking at your account info.

I have heard that Marriott has comped gold to some high-staying silvers, that may have happend to you...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...