13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2014 10:07 AM by iahflyr RSS

Happy Holidays Courtesy of MR Customer Service

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Now here's something you don't see every day.

I have one last cat 1-4 certificate (from last year's MegaBonus) this will expire in late March 2015. I asked to have it extened until the end of June since I have specific plans for it. Not only did I get the date extended until 12/23/2015 (an entire year from today), but what was once a cat 1-4 cert is now showing in my account as a cat 1-5. Now that's what I call an unexpected bonus. I might have to revise my plans for this certificate.

The folks at MR customer service have always treated me wonderfully, but this one really surprised me.

Message was edited by: bejacob

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Happy Holidays Courtesy of MR Customer Service
    bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Indeed good news for you and well deserved.  Shows that Customer Service is still alive at Marriott.  Best Wishes for Happy Holidays to you and your family.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Way to go bejacob!  We should have you talk to the Marriott Mega Bonus Promotion Team.  Maybe you can talk them into bringing the certs back.

Merry Christmas!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Wonderful news to read, did you name drop (erc) or what you smooth talking fella??

I wasn't sure whether mentioning erc would help or hurt knowing his reputation for rabble rousing.

I was just my usual charming self and requested something simple. Better to ask for something small and get more than you expect rather than try to demand something huge and get nothing.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Since you were upgraded to a Category 5 cert...I wonder if this means the Cat 4 Certs have been officially retired.

Sssshhh. Don't say anything about that. I've been taking the heat ever since I suggested retiring 1-4 certs (even though my intent was to have them replaced by 1-5 certs).

erc Platinum

IAHFLYR and bejacob

Boys, boys, you're setting off my erc-o-meter again. Now whereas I appreciate excellent customer service like above, as much as the next guy, and a Cat. 5 cert is geometrically worth more than a Cat. 4, let's not go all weak in the knees.

If we start doing back flips   over things granted that once were taken for granted (Certificate value), The Man has already won - Rabblerouser's Manual, paragraph #5. Agreed; every victory, however small, should be celebrated, but stay the course, The Man is planning great surprises for us in '15 and we'd better be ready . Hup, hup

curiousone Platinum

Great post. I am going to forward this to my wife, she has an e-cert that is set to expire early next year.

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

Awesome!  Its always good to read about positive developments and outcomes.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Nice result and certainly reflects my dealings with Marriott CS which have always been approachable and very helpful...

TravelMo Silver 1 Reviews

Awesome. Go Team Marriott!

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

That's great!!!  Nice going!  I wonder if they did change the category from 1-4 to 1-5.  I just double checked my anniversary night award and it says 1-5 and before it was 1-4.  I hope Marriott did do a change since they've changed a lot of their hotel categories!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...