9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2015 12:11 AM by davidinla RSS

Does Platinum Elite mean anything?

dougdockery Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Question: 1st year as 'Platinum Elite' - what, exactly, does it mean to be 'Elite' vs. just Platinum and are there benefits to being Platinum Elite that differ from a Platinum MR member?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Does Platinum Elite mean anything?
    skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

There is no difference, just different phrasing of the same thing.

Cheers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

"Elite" is the monicker Marriott gives to regular-staying members.

There are 4 membership levels

1. Member

2. Silver elite member

3. Gold elite member

4. Platinum elite member

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Greeting dougdockery, and welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insiders community! As you have already discovered, this forum is a perfect place to pose questions, and our veteran members such as brightlybob (thanks for your helpful answer!) are always willing to step in and help. This is also a great place for members to share their travel stories, insights, ideas, and photos.

As you continue to get familiar with the site, I suggest you check out our Getting Started Guide. This contains lots of useful tips and advise on the site.

In addition, always feel free to reach out to myself, joshm KatieC or NathalieF with any questions or concerns you have regarding Marriott Rewards or the page. We make up the community management team for the forum and are always happy to help as well.

Thanks for posting!

shashdado Platinum

Platinum Elite means everything, it means you have reached a top level in the number one hotel rewards program.

If you would like to see the benefits to being Platinum member then look no further than the home page after signing in and you will see a box that says "Platinum Elite , see member benefits." In a more literal sense Platinum is simply the top step in the elite program.

dougdockery Platinum

Ok, so obviously I didn't ask this correctly.

I know what the levels are, and I am Platinum.  My question is - is there a difference between Platinum and Platinum Elite?  I thought they were the same thing - a recent encounter with a Marriott employee led me to believe that Platinum was 75+ nights per year and Platinum Elite was something different - if I understood correctly, being in the top 3% of spenders (dollar not nights) for the calendar year.

Anybody know if there is a difference?  Or are Platinum and Platinum Elite just level names that can be used interchangeably?

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

What you're actually asking is - is there a difference between Platinum  & Platinum Premier?  The answer is - not much in terms of benefit.

Platinum Elite is 75 nights each year.

Platinum Premier Elite is a combo of nights & revenue spend & is only bestowed upon you by Marriott itself.

However, for the most part (and pardon the expression) there's jack sh*t between them. PP used to get you some extra bennies but Marriott took them away. 

Marriott itself acknowledges there's NO difference between the two, which is why they should be totally ashamed at themselves (the corporate Marriott, not the Insiders) for implying otherwise.

Cheers.

davidinla Platinum

Now you tell me. I worked my butt off to reach Platinum Premier in 2015, only to be told there is no difference in benefits! I don't understand why this tier even exists? 

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Technically speaking PPs have their own dedicated 800# which is unique to the status.

One other (hardly ever used benefit) is the number of promotional stays for PPs include some extra savings over Ps and other, lower levels. For example, a PP might get a 30% off stay whereas a P or lower might have the exact same offer for the same venue for the same time period, but at 25% off.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...