4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2015 8:54 AM by doddsy69 RSS

United Platinum (via RewardsPlus)

bryanb29 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I rarely fly United, but was checking for flights to Maui and when I logged into my United account I notice it shows PLATINUM. I did register for the Marriott/United status program giving me SILVER status on United based on my PLATINUM status w/ Marriott.

So, I called United and asked them when I was upgraded to Platinum. They told me that their notes show that based on a "RewardsPlus" promotion I was given Platinum status on 11/1/2014 and would expire on 12/31/2014 (tomorrow). I currently have 0 miles with United this year, so I really doubt it will renew for 2015.

If I had known about the United Platinum, I definitely would have flown them more.

p

Has anyone else been given Platinum on United based on their Marriott level? Any details if this status match will continue for 2015?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: United Platinum (via RewardsPlus)
    clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

No, I can't even get signed up for Silver even though I am a Marriott Platinum Elite!  Every time I go to the United website, it says that registrations are closed until January 8.  Ugh!  I need to book a flight for January 18!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

clebert,

If you're a gambler and think you will get the UA Premier Silver then go ahead and book the flight for the 18th, then on the 8th if you are eligible (whatever that means) you'll get the Silver status tagged on your MileagePlus account and you can take advantage of what things Premier Silver gets you on your flight.  Remember, if you're a gambler, but what have you got to lose except maybe your luggage if you check it, possible flight delay or cancellation, maybe upgrade to Econ Plus, or possibly upgrade to First Class!!

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Good idea!  Thanks.  I have to laugh at the luggage comment because United did lose my luggage on my last flight.  It turned up the next day, though, so no harm done!

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

Seemed like a good deal but I'm a

ready silver with United so it offers me nothing

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...