5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2014 1:54 PM by PFHAZ RSS

Renting a Marriott timeshare from an owner using Redweek.com

jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My son is looking to rent a timeshare from a Marriott owner using Redweek. Any tips about the process in order to be sure not a scam? Any way to verify dealing with legit owner? Timing of payments etc.

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renting a Marriott timeshare from an owner using Redweek.com
    superchief1 Platinum

I suggest he visit the Timeshare User Group forum which is dedicated to timeshare ownership issues. He should be able to find helpful advice regarding renting from owners on Redweek and other rental sources. He should try to avoid renting weeks that had been exchanged using Interval International because rentals of exchanged weeks are not officially permitted.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews

Thanks for your reply. Where do you find the Timeshare User Group forum?

superchief1 Platinum

Timeshare Users Group Forums

Many people have had successful rental experiences (as renter and rentees on Redweek , so most are legitimate. Timeshares are different than hotels, so it is important to understand the type of unit and view that is being rented. If it is a week that the owner has actually reserved, the renter will receive the view and owner preferences of the owner. Typically, after the payment is made the reservations will be transferred to the renters name, and this can be confirmed with the resort..

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I wanted to do this for Disney and talking to people who have done this, was told that it is "buyer beware".  Most people are honest but not all.  People have booked this way and got to the resort and had no booking or not the room they expected.

PFHAZ Gold 1 Reviews

I own 3 Marriott weeks and have used Redweek.com for years to rent out my unused weeks and have never had any issues.  It's a two way street.  Get as much outside contact info on the person you are dealing with.  I never had a problem having people contact me directly at my workplace to confirm who I am.  I wouldn't waste money on going thru a title co.  Just do your homework.

Safe travels!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...