8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2016 3:54 PM by laila RSS

Aruba

torreyc Gold
Currently Being Moderated

pic from my last trip to aruba.. downtown marriott has a private island that is only accessable by boat

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Aruba
    joeb52 Platinum

Just discovered your note on Aruba from last year.

My wife and I are going to Aruba this June.   I did not know Marriott had private island is it just a day spot with beach etc.   Can you recommend restaurnats or must try, do, see things?  Also is car a worth while renting?

We are staying at the Surf club resort.

Thanks Joe

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rmt0528 Gold

Joe - we stayed at the Marriott Stellaris (just next store) when we were in Aruba 2 years ago. If it is your first trip I would recommend checking out one of the 1/2 day tours of the island.  The concierge desk can help you with info but the one we took included a driver, a trip to the now collapsed Natural Bridge (and a newly forming one nearby!), a swim in a natural pool on the north shore, snorkeling at Baby Beach, lunch at a roadside snack bar (very delicious), a stop at the lighthouse, a stop at some caves, and few other sightseeing spots.  It was a full trip, very hot & dusty (wear swimming clothes!) but a lot of fun. 

There's an excellent Italian restaurant at the Stellaris (name escapes me), an excellent Brazillian churascuria nearby, an excellent beach side restaurant (literally on the beach) also part of the Stellaris (HIGHLY recommended), and another beach side restaurant (part of the Wyndham) which has one seating per night, prix fixe, on the beach, limited to about 12 tables.  It was very very nice....

Enjoy!

joeb52 Platinum

RMT0528

Thanks for the input, we will look into the island tour.

Joe

joeb52 Platinum

RMT0528

Thanks for the input, we will look into the island tour.

Joe

joeb52 Platinum

Do you recommend renting a car for our week's visit to Aruba in June?

Thanks Joe

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Joe,

We had no problem just using a driver.  We felt very safe and had a great time!

danesrgreat Platinum
    My family of 8 goes to Aruba every year and we have been at the Surf Club the last 3 years.  We have rented a car in the past but have decided it really isn't necessary.  Even if you make a couple of trips to the grocery store (recommend Yings but not on a Sat or Sun, they're out of everything) and go downtown, the cost of a taxi is significantly less than the cost of a rental car unless you can get one cheap.  We have to get a van and it's usually around $700 for the week.

laila Gold

ITS a short ride of 10 minutes.  The boats run every 15 minutes from the Marina and the Ocean suites of the Renaissance.  It's worth staying here to visit the private island And see the Flamingos!  There is also an Adult only side on the island.  We loved it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...