16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2015 8:42 AM by tommo781 RSS

Mouthwash rant...

aaronplatinum4life Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

...I'm at DFW Marriott South, no complementary bottles of mouthwash anywhere in the hotel.  I'm okay with

brands below full service Marriott, like CY and FI not having mouthwash, but a full service hotel like this, with

a CL should have mouthwash.  I'm okay if they don't put it in the rooms, but it should be available from housekeeping.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
  • Re: Mouthwash rant...
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I've stayed at a number of full service Marriott properties that have not provided mouthwash as part of their toiletry amenities offering.  In fact, I'm actually pleasantly surprised and delighted when they do.  I too am a fan of the complimentary mouthwash and wish it were a standard provision.  I'll take it over liquid hand wash or body wash any day.  The bar soap (esp the Thann soap) is fine.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

aaronplatinum4life

You travel in a better circle of full service Marriotts than I. My last seven or eight full service stays not only didn't have mouthwash (often a rarity, I'd say 1 in 20 for me) but neither body wash or the Thann handwash (which I bet is only at JWs).

You want an off the wall rant - how about this. I went to the grocery store today (mistake) to pick up some Nyquil (how come I'm still awake, then?) and return to face huge lines of Christmas dinner preppers loading up on their holiday turkeys and side dishes, so low tech man says what the heck, and jumps into the self serve check out line (which was also three deep). I finally get to the machine with my one item and it turns out you now have to be 18 to buy Nyquil due to its ingredients. The problem, the verifier is nowhere to be found. That my friend is a hardship .

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I can honestly say I cannot remember the last time I got mouthwash in a hotel, whether Marriott or any other brand.  Probably about 15 years ago in Singapore.  The only times in the past few years I have got small bottles of mouthwash have been in amenity packs when flying business class.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You can easily solve the problem of no mouthwash.........  Go and enjoy some fine food full of garlic and onions then ask to speak to the GM of the hotel!!! You'll get your mouthwash I bet.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Leave it to IAHFLYR to come up with a great solution

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I am an agreeable person and so want to agree with you all about the disappearing mouthwash but checked into the Leeds Marriott yesterday and was greeted by:

image.jpg

Location Brand Hotel
    Leeds, England, United Kingdom
      tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Well I never brightlybob.  I don't think I have EVER had mouthwash in a Marriott in the UK. 

And guess what just popped up at the Marriott Copenhagen...

image.jpg

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Why do you get mouthwash and I never do brightlybob?  Must be a reason.

Jsucool76 Gold

I stayed at an autograph property in orlando recently, and got mouthwash from the front desk when I checked in, since I had a feeling there would be none in the room. I've never gone to a hotel and found it IN the room with the other hotel toiletries though.

aaronplatinum4life Platinum 28 Reviews

My comments pertained to Marriott and JW Properties...

Jsucool76 Gold

I still never get mouthwash. We'll see if they have it when I'm at the essex house.

I'm not bothering with this thread any more. Either I am extremely fortunate or I have halitosis equivalent of a raw sewage pipe, but I am finding no lack of mouthwash, in this case at the Ren Heathrow:

image.jpg

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Someone, somewhere in Marriott has put a marker against your name brightlybob.  Because I never get mouthwash!

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

While I understand the desire to have the mouthwash provided by the hotel, you can solve the problem by buying a travel size plastic bottle of mouthwash & put it in your toiletry kit.  When you return home from a trip, just top up the travel size bottle of mouthwash & put it back in your toiletry kit.  That's what I do.

Cheers.

mybnj Platinum 10 Reviews

I never expect mouthwash, but have received it at Marriotts in about 1 in 20.   I will say that when it its in the room when I arrive, it is an unanticipated surprise and for whatever reason my perception of the hotel and its image skyrockets at that moment.... probably because its so rare these days.   Would much rather have the mouthwash than that small tube of body lotion.  The funny thing is they could probably put in a small bottle of water with some green food coloring and mint aftertaste and I would still be impressed.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...