8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2015 10:26 AM by clebert RSS

Life beyond Lifetime Plat

travelswell Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Here we are after reaching 25 years, 2,000 nights and approaching 10 million points and over 250 different Marriott's visited in the world.

Although I have been a Lifetime Platinum member for may years is there a next level to reach?latinu

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Life beyond Lifetime Plat
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

not that I know of

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

The only two levels above lifetime platinum, that anyone will admit to anyway, are platinum premier and VIP.  There's no published information publicly about either level, however the way to achieve VIP, the much more exclusive level is more clearly documented than Plat Prem.

VIP = Family members, board of directors, personal friends of Bill Marriott and executives.  I've said since hearing of it that these folks probably don't really need the designation but I'm sure its a cool bit of kit to have.  I'd bet these folks get the best room possible and that it then is probably given a quick sprucing up prior to arrival.  Given the criteria for getting it, I'd suspect this is the next level of "lifetime" awards.

Plat Prem. = Rumored to be top 2-3% of all platinum members.  Also seems to be tied to a number of nights in excess of 120/yr and seems to have a duration of a few years at those levels before you make it.  The stated perk to plat. prem is that you are supposed to get the best room upgrade, though not at all properties and not to a suite, just the best "room".  In practice it seems to get more upgrades for me, even into suites since achieving it vs being platinum.  This level is not documented anywhere to have a lifetime status.

There's been many a thread here about creating some level above platinum for lifetime folks, upping the ante to something much harder to get to but so far nothing has come back from Marriott about it.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Yes, Zuk, that VIP level (or whatever it is called) sounds sweet. I almost remember someone mentioning that they met a person on that level and were shown the special card...I think it was red.

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Well since I aspire to the VIP level, I'm going to have to marry into the Marriott family!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Marriott Rewards has 3 élite statuses, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Super-high-staying Plats can become Plat premiers, which as it confers no MR benefits above Plat is not a different status, but instead meant to flag their loyalty to the FD team and ensure they're treated especially well. PPs report mixed outcomes, from super-duper upgrades to grunts and dumpster-view rooms

In common with almost all hotel and airline groups there is also what might best be described as a "chairmans club", individuals given a card by a company big-wig that designates them as a VIP at that Airline/hotel chain. These do not depend on membership of the businesses loyalty scheme, and is not a higher level of membership. It is, for want of a better phrase, "the old boys club"

chrispark Platinum

Thanks for the info zukracer!

I agree that Marriott needs to create a new code or status for Lifetime Platinum members.

Don't we think Marriott want to treat LP members well and LPs spend more money and time at Marriotts. right?

Recently, there are just so many temp Platinums from Taste of Platinum program.

Many hotel are suffering just too many Platinum sometimes. As a result, some hotel staff provide downgraded service to all of Platinum members including LPs.

Hotel staff needs to provide really good services for all of Platinum members so that they spend more time and money to Marriott. But if you get equally downgraded services what is the points? And some of staff they do not know LPs are existing...

I think Marriott needs to improve the situations which will benefit its' business long term.

Regards,

Chris 

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I have a avis chairman and hertz platinum both based on a company position not loyalty but both give some nice perks. that maybe like VIP

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I once saw buttons on a cash register at a bar at one of the swanky Marriott properties - RC Naples beach, I think.  They were lined up in a row and said:  Silver, Gold, Platinum, VIP.  Not sure why I noticed except I was being snoopy I suppose since I'm fascinated by the hospitality industry.  I wondered how you'd get VIP and assumed it was for celebrities and such.  Then I started doing some work for a major international hotel chain (not Marriott but one of its main competitors) - said chain hired me for some projects that required travel, and said chain booked me in their hotels under their corporate rate, and they paid for everything.  And wouldn't you know, the hotel had me flagged as a VIP.  When I checked in, the poor guy at the front desk was falling all over himself trying to help me, and I got CL access, an upgrade, etc.  It was wonderful but also slightly embarrassing.  Sadly, I don't get this status unless the client books me through its corporate office, so traveling on my own at said hotel chain makes me just a regular person with middling status   I think client did this for me because I confessed to client that I am a Marriott loyalist and did not like staying at client's brand because I didn't get CL access.  Maybe that was a stupid confession, but it worked out ok!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...