5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2014 2:55 PM by lindseyh RSS

Switching to Ritz Carlton Rewards impact on Promotion participation?

justinh20 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

If I switch my Marriott Rewards account to a Ritz Carlton Rewards account in the middle of MegaBonus will I lose my progress? I know that Ritz Carlton stays count toward MegaBonus but I haven't seen anything that says Ritz Carlton Rewards members can participate in MegaBonus

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Switching to Ritz Carlton Rewards impact on Promotion participation?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

justinh20,

That is an interesting question.  It's my understanding that Ritz Carlton Rewards offers different Mega Bonus promotions targeted at their properties.  I suggest that you call the Marriott Rewards desk to find out how it would impact your account if you decided to switch while a Mega Bonus is in progress.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders justinh20! I'm so glad to have you on-board and as a member of our community. Insiders is a great group of experienced travelers who are always sharing great stories, photos, insights, and ideas. Here is the Getting Started Guide., which may come in handy as you get familiar with the site. You can also always reach out to myself, The specified item was not found., or NathalieF with any questions you have. We are the moderators for this forum and are always happy to help.

Regarding your question, I will look into this for you and let you know what I learn. Thanks for posting!

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey justinh20, here's what I learned. The Spring MegaBonus is currently open to both Marriott and Ritz Carlton members. So your progress will not be affected if you switch over to Ritz Carlton Rewards.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...