3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2014 7:52 PM by profchiara RSS

Best Hotel Shampoo and Conditioner?

curiousone Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

There are a variety of reasons that I really enjoy the JW Desert Ridge resort. One of them that I tend to forget about, until I arrive, is the shampoo and conditioner that the JWDR provides. As a guy I tend to not appreciate scented shampoo and conditioners. However, the shampoo and conditioner at JWDR is by Aromatherapy Associates with Rosemary and Ylang Ylang and it really pleases my senses. I definitely take the left overs home with me. Has anybody else come across this shampoo at other hotels? Have you found other shampoos that really please you?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Phoenix, Arizona, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
  • Re: Best Hotel Shampoo and Conditioner?
    erc Platinum

I believe most of the JW's offer the Aromatherapy Associates Ylang Ylang line (they started out with a lot of fanfare about the Revive line when it was first announced, but all I've seen was your picture, most recently at Indy and New Orleans).

I have grown so used to using whatever my two daughters grew bored with over the past two decades, that I could probably used Ivory soap and not know the difference, but I remember a few that did stand out;

Bulgari from a SilverSea cruise

Peter Roth from one of the Marriott's, I think in London

and C.O. Bigelow from Hotel Belleclaire - NY (travelzoo deal)

Ok, I've got to go repair the transmission on my '68 Plymouth Road Runner Hemi now .

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I think erc is right...I've seemed to remember that brand the last time I stayed at the JW Marriott Buckhead in Atlanta, GA.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

After having stayed at the Londra Palace in Venice, I can say without doubt I had the best shampoo and conditioner (plus skin lotion and bath product) -- Ortigia Ambra Nera.  I usually wash my hair the first (or second depending on time of arrival, then wore/ponytails/chignons every other day) and good grief did my hair look good.  I rarely steal the products when coming home since I don't want extras in my ziploc carry-on, but this time I did.  I am not surprised after I looked at their site and saw the prices (and am glad I stole most of the last day small versions):

http://www.ortigiasicilia.com/scents/ambra-nera.html

The only other place that compared was the Mykonos Imperial Resort & Spa which had to have every version of every possible hair, body and bath lotion imaginable.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...