10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2014 11:05 AM by NathalieF RSS

Moderated Post

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This morning, I posted an answer to pluto77 on the "How Many Capital Cities ............." thread.  He had asked me to tell him about Dublin, which I did.  As soon as I posted it, it came up "Currently Being Moderated."

I have reported it to Community Manager, and I am sure it will be sorted out.  But has anyone else ever had this happen?  I have read and reread my post, and can't see a thing wrong with it.  So I am wondering what is going on.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Moderated Post
    erc Platinum

Aah, who knows about the vagaries of the forum. I never know when posts are going to be updated or reposted (I just made an edit and it was thrown back up on the big board as if it was an original post).

Sometimes I have had posts moderated based on inserting pictures (most times not) and I have seen some harmless, quite useful posts not only 'moderated' but actually deleted because The Moderator (whoever/whatever that is) deemed it to be too commercial (as in seeking business); yet they weren't and on top of it, we've seen numerous out and out ads/requests for commerce posted as original posts.

Did you discuss the attributes of a product or a beer? I remember one post where a Greek beer post was deleted, as it was deemed a commercial (when in reality it was just a comparison between beers, and quite informative).

It will be interesting to see the outcome of your post and the explanation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Well yes erc I did mention a beer (better not name it again in case this gets moderated too).  But that particular beer, and many others, had already been named in the thread, including by The specified item was not found.!!!!!!!  So why would mine be moderated and no-one elses?  Really weird isn't it. 

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Well, erc I have just had an email to say my post has been approved by the moderators.  I have checked and it is now on the thread.  BUT ........... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR........... there was no explanation at all as to why it was moderated in the first place.  I am not a happy bunny about it to be honest, and have asked for an explanation.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi Tommo781, glad you brought this to my attention. When we restarted Insiders on Friday evening, we upgraded our current moderation technology to further enhance and streamline the community. I'm aware this moderation upgrade is working a little too well at the moment, which is why some of you are seeing the "Currently being moderated" screen after your posts. I'm working on having this fixed, and in the meantime we are approving the moderated posts as quickly as possible.

erc Platinum

Excellent follow up - the system works. Here's what Lil' erc thinks:

(I'm going to have to work on the kid's spelling ).

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Thanks NathalieF.  I still don't know what on earth was considered to be dubious, but hey ho, as long as it gets sorted.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

No problem Tommo781. Right now it is moderating any post with a hyperlink off of Insiders, so that's the reason your post was caught up in moderation!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I am pretty sure pluto is a she...

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Oops!  Sorry pluto77, and thanks for telling me profchiara.  I didn't mean any offense.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I'm sure none taken by either of us -- I was presumed male for a long time too (but only on this forum) !

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...