4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2014 9:20 PM by curiousone RSS

B-Day Celebration at JW Desert Ridge

curiousone Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We arrived at 2:30 PM at the JW Desert Ridge front counter on Friday 12/12/14 to spend the night in celebration of my wife's birthday. (This is the 4th year in a row we have done this.) After tapping the computer keyboard a few minutes an apology was offered for the delay, but it appeared that my reservation was for 12/19. (Yep, right there on my Marriott app, 12/19) Since we only live 30 minutes away, I offered to come back on 12/19 and was advised that rooms were available if we wanted to stay, we accepted. My Plat status was graciously acknowledged and we were told that we were being upgraded to a "view" room. After check in was completed we were advised that the $29 resort fee was being waived and that we had two free beer/wine coupons good at the resort restaurant. For my Plat gift I was offered 500 points or a $10 coupon for the resort restaurant and I took the $10 restaurant credit.  We spent the afternoon/evening doing happy hours on the main JW patio (shown in the picture) and then at the Roy's Restaurant patio, which has better appetizers than the JW. (In the back/middle of the picture) We enjoy sitting around the fire rings because we can meet some interesting people. Roy's had live music until 6PM and then the JW had live music until 10 PM. Even though a storm was coming in from the west, we had 76F temps for the evening.

Daytime View from Room.jpg

Day time view from room balcony.

NighttimeView From Room.jpg

Night time view from room balcony.

When we returned to our room we found a small chocolate cake with a card signed by some of the staff.

B-Day Treat.jpg

This morning we snagged a WSJ at the Bell desk and had our usual Continental buffet at the Stone Grill and spent time catching up with two of the long time waitresses that we have come to know over the years. We enjoy reading the paper over breakfast, with lots of coffee. All in all, a great way to celebrate another birthday.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Phoenix, Arizona, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
  • Re: B-Day Celebration at JW Desert Ridge
    jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

Happy Birthday to your wife! Sounds like you guys had a fun intimate birthday celebration. Its always great when the staff at any hotel is able to turn a bad situation (res for wrong date) into a rescue. It was very kind of them to waive the fees and offer the credits for the drinks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I am sure you have seen the nice Frozen( Disney) gingerbread display this year in the lobby

curiousone Platinum

Yes, we had to check out the gingerbread display. I have to admit that I was that not impressed with the overall decorations this year. But hey, they made a good effort.

erc Platinum

That's terrific, love it when a plan comes together (no matter how serendipitous ). Congratulations, this is what keeps us coming back to Marriott, well played by all parties involved.

That's a terrific property (I went a couple of years back on your recommendation) and of course, I love me some Roy's Aloha Hour (4-6pm) with, as you say, terrific appetizers at great prices - yeah baby!

2012-12-16_17.06.49.jpgAZ Marriott Desert Ridge Resort.jpg

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Curiousone and Happy Holidays to all

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...