7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2014 7:01 AM by brightlybob RSS

How do I keep my Gold Elite for 2015?

cyclenut Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello All,

I have had Gold Elite for two years now one year due to rollover and last year I was close enough and I think they gave it to me.I have participated in nearly every promotion and answered nearly every survey over the years. I have also developed relationships with many Front desk managers at the hotels that I frequent.

Long time holder of Marriott Reward Visa card..the regular card by Chase. I want to upgrade to the Premier Black card.

This year 2014 I have 37 nights and that is what I will finish with. I have no rollover nights to accrue for 2015.

Lifetime I have 366 nights. That means I am permanent Silver Elite. Like many others I have no idea what my lifetime points are..I know I love the rewards program and have received MANY MANY free nights with points.

Should I apply for the Upgraded Marriott VISA card BEFORE Dec 31st?? After Dec 31st?

Can I use points to upgrade membership? Should I call the elite line and ask for help?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and happy holidays to all. Regards Phil

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How do I keep my Gold Elite for 2015?
    elb157 Platinum 18 Reviews

I'd ask about maintaining as Gold. NB: you can check your lifetime points now:  My Account --> Account Overview --> click on 2014 Nights Detail

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cyclenut Gold

Thanks for the help! Happy Holidays!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

You'll have a chance to spend 25,000 points early in 2015 to "buy back" your Gold elite status for another year. Well worth the points.

cyclenut Gold

Thank you very much for your help. Happy Holidays!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Just to emphasise bejacobs point, buy back is usually offered in late January, and, at least for Full Service guests, the 25,000 point buy back cost for Gold is well worth it, with lounge access, free breakfast 7 days week and upgrades it's easily possible to get the value back after just a night (with a suite upgrade) or 12 nights taking into account the breakfasts/lounge. 

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

cyclenut,

Hi and Welcome to Insiders!  You may want to wait and see what happens in the New Year.  Sometimes Marriott will renew Rewards Members with the same status even if they fall short.  If you do not renew at Gold I would then call customer service and see what options are available.  Sometimes they allow Rewards Members to cash in points to maintain status.

The Black Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card is an excellent credit card.  I think it would be too late now to impact your renewal for next year but it would definitely help you with the next year. This card gives you 15 Elite night credits each year on your anniversary.  It does have an $85 annual fee but that is offset by receiving an annual category 5 certificate.

Another option that you may consider is the Black Chase Ritz Carlton Card.  You would have to switch your Marriott Rewards Account to Ritz Carleton Rewards but you would still continue to earn points and night credits for Marriott Stays and your Rewards Account number would stay the same. The card currently has a welcome offer of 140K  Rewards Points (spend $3,000 in first 3 months) and it would give you automatic Gold Status the first year.  If you spend at least $10k each year you automatically renew Gold.  If you spend 75K each year you would get Platinum Status.   The annual fee is $395 but you would receive an annual $300 airline travel credit and access to Airport Lounges around the world.  https://www.theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/offer140k

cyclenut Gold

Thank you very much for your help! Much appreciated! Best to you for the Holidays and New Year. Phil Marks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...