11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 8:17 AM by goestoeleven RSS

Free one year FlyClear membership

pat_rick Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott is offering a one year trial membership to the Fly Clear program for the Elite members.  Did any one take them up on the offer?  How do you like it?

Pat 

• Re: Free one year FlyClear membership
    ronjack Gold 2 Reviews
    I signed up online from Marriott site and took my requested ID(passport and DL) to one of the Clear kiosks at the airport.  Verry easy. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ronjack Gold 2 Reviews
    I signed up online from Marriott site and took my requested ID(passport and DL) to one of the Clear kiosks at the airport.  Verry easy. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

timh1955 Silver 2 Reviews
    I just received my card today and can't wait to use it!  The service starts 8/18 in Atlanta and hopefully it will save me some time getting t

dhvl00 Platinum

Pat,

This one-year membership to Clear was a most pleasant surprise when I saw it in the Platinum Member booklet they send us and boy am I glad I looked through it and saw it.

My primary airport is San Jose, CA and they have an amazing Clear system for both terminals at the airport.  I signed up for back at the end of June, got the card mid-July and have already used the service this past Monday and the Monday before that.  I usually get dropped off at the airport and from car door to the gate has taken an average of about 13 minutes using Clear.

If you have the opportunity to sign up for it, do it quickly.  I don't know if I would pay the $100+ annual fee that Clear charges but I do know I will take advantage of it at least for this year.  San Jose is one of those airports where you never know what type of security line you are going to get on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon/evening.  Could be 5 minutes, or could be out the other side into the parking garage (Terminal 1).  This is going to spoil me rotten knowing I can show up to the airport about 45 minutes to an hour before a flight and still be at the gate without breaking a sweat.

Just be prepared for some evil eyes from people who have to wait in the lines themselves.  Most people contend it isn't right to pay for this privilege of just getting to the front of the line.  Keep in mind you still have to scan your bags and still have to walk through the metal detector.  This is just a free pass to get to the front of the line.

Hope this helps,

Dhvl00

globalgal Platinum
    So glad to see this!  I have already started the application but achieve platinum at the end of this week - you just saved me $126!  Thanks! 

politicalhack Platinum
    The Clear membership has been huge for me, Clear is extremely helpful when flying out of Washington D.C. where lines can be long.  BWI which is notorious for long security lines is also opening up (or maybe already open).  Best perk so far

wifijedi Platinum
    Kudos to Marriott for this great Platinum benefit!  Great use of partnering with another company!!

franklin Platinum

I've seen the offer, but declined.

Personally, I don't believe in paying for "better" treatment to solve a larger security problem.

Moreover, I the Clear system still has many security gaps of its own.  See recent stories.

http://www.securitymanagement.com/news/lost-tsa-contractor-laptop-found-same-office-where-it-went-missing-004490

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/08/06/BU2V125HTF.DTL&hw=laptop&sn=001&sc=1000

travlmonsta Platinum

I fly out of NY and this is a great timesaving feature at both JFK and LGA. Would be upset top lose it.

travelgeek Platinum
    Is this still being offered?  What is the link - if someone can post it please? TIA

goestoeleven Gold

I haven't found the link yet either, is this still an active program?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...