34 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2014 11:16 AM by iahflyr RSS

Insiders with Outrageous Shirts

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Inspired by brightlybob and suggested by erc (you didn't think I'd do it, did you?) a new place for Insiders to show of their fashion sense (or lack thereof).

***Note that this thread is just spread a few laughs. No Insiders or outrageous shirts should be harmed in the process. Have fun and Happy Holidays***

Here's my contribution

bejacob.jpg

My 40th Anniversary Enchanted Tiki Room Shirt designed by the artist Shag (one of only 500 made).

tiki shirt.jpg

Check out the coconut buttons and how the pocket blends flawlessly into the pattern, a sign of a quality Aloha shirt (right kharada46?)

Okay, brightlybob, let's see what you've got. Post that SpongeBob shirt again and whatever else you have.

erc, feel free to jump in anytime.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando, Florida, USA
Disney World, Florida, USA
  • Re: Insiders with Outrageous Shirts
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

OK, I'll play. Just a few in my fabulous collection. My family never loses me, much as they try...image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

Mmmmm, giant belly-busting burger, no waiver required!

image.jpg

So, do I win?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Orlando, Florida, USA
    Disney World, Florida, USA

Wow! I'm need to change the topic of this thread to "The Insider" with Outrageous Shirts. Nicely done.

brightlybob takes the cake (literally if you look at the 2nd picutre he posted). I can't imagine anyone being able to top this.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

LOL, right you are bejacob! Pocket blending flawlessly with the patter is a mark of quality for Aloha shirts!  Though what we wear normally is more subdued... But here's my outrageous shirt!

IMG_3458.JPG

Ironically this shirt came from another Disney property... Aulani!  Made exclusively for Disney Parks & Resorts by Tori Richard, complete with abalone shell buttons and silky material... also a pain to care for, hence it sits in my closet wrinkled!

Woah, guys, I didn't realise this was a serious Disney-Sourced-Hawaiian-Shirt-Competition. My $3 Bargain-Rail-Florida-SpongeBob-SquarePants-T-shirt can't compete with that...

*slinks away in shame

(altogether now, "aaaaaaahhh", C'mon it's panto season over here in England... "Oh no it isn't", "Oh yes it is!")

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

This is fantastic. Thanks for sharing!!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I can see that I'm going to have to dig deep into the IAHFLYR collection of tee-shirts and others to even be considered competitive with brightlybob.  Be back soon with a few pictures if I can find them.

Here we go kids!

P1020944.JPG

They really do!!

P1020945.JPG

It really does!!

P1020946.JPG

It really is!!

P1020947.JPG

You really do!!

P1020948.JPG

Dah dah dah, dah dah dah!!

True story about the "something in your teeth" shirt.....I wore it into someplace long long ago and a very nice looking lady walked up to me as asked "are you a Dentist"?  I, I, I hardly knew what to say to this poor soul, but my wife who was now laughing at the comment took the lead and said "why no he isn't, why do you ask".  The lady said "then you need to not wear shirts like that if you're not telling the truth"..........We just looked at one another in shock, but it's the last time I ever wore it except around the house for parties.  Yikes!! LOL

bejacob you know you are responsible for this thread...AWESOME

As brightlybob can attest, erc put me up to it.

I suppose I could have just said no, but then I wouldn't have gotten to show off my outrageous shirt. (or see all these other ones ).

Notably the aforesaid erc has heen in hiding and is conspicuously absent from this thread...

Yes, the erc who was foolish enough to challenge bejacob  to start this thread, and even provided the name for the thread so must accept  -some- responsibility for the outcome, but bejacob, "it woz you wot dunnit"... This baby belongs to you.

Congratulations!

(I think!)

True enough. I will take the credit blame for starting this thread. I'm glad to see that it has generated a few smiles.

Anyone else willing to show off some Outrageous Shirts?

OK, that's really thrown down the gauntlet... Awesome collection!

Thank you Sir, but I must differ with you as your collection was the real "thrown down the gauntlet" I was simply inspired by the both of you......and I might have more!!

Alright, to fight off IAHFLYR's & brightlybob's submission, I'm bringing out the big guns!

image2.JPGimage1.JPG

"yes dear", that's just normal as we all know!!!

That's why I bought it IAHFLYR!  Every married man should own one of these shirts.... lol

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

This was my Halloween costume (and statement about lab testing on chimpanzees).

labtest2.jpg

erc Platinum

Still in Florida, having a blast (just came from Epicurean Hotel - Autograph in Tampa; pretty nice, but walking in with my 'driving real estate' relaxed fit jeans into a european skinny boy fit jeans environment, I was as expected, a bit out of place - it then picked up and was actually pretty nice - write up coming upon return to my home based computer - but I digress), since I was the instigator of this thread and bob's waiting to hear my thoughts, here they are:

Yes, brightlybob wins, a close second to foxglove but verification of it actually being him before he receives the runner up trophy.  bejacob since that's what you wear to your Rotary Club meetings anyway, you only place third. Eliminated from competition kharada46 and his partner in fashion crime IAHFLYR , that's what known as 'posing', could have come from that thing called the internet and requires no courage as displayed by bb and be.

One final observation - apparently island fashion is what it takes to bring our ol' (not old) pal merb out of hibernation, so hats off to bejacob for the initiative in posting.

Thus it is written. See y'all soon - in Clearwater (Phillies training ground), off to the Lightning tonight and then onto Orlando - it's an all Marriott week. xox erc (and boy am I wearing a silly shirt , but I'm shy).

Oh that hurts erc, to even think kharada46 and I would stoop to such low levels as "posing" and from the internet.....get a grip, I'm a geezer and don't even know what this thing you speak of is called internet.

I agree with IAHFLYR, erc.  Just because I don't have pictures of myself wearing the shirts doesn't mean I don't own it

I just received another shirt in the mail today.

FullSizeRender.jpg

NathalieF, merb, and The specified item was not found. should get the reference  

Yay... Owning the shirt is one thing, wearing it quite another... C'mon lads, let's see you posing in the shirt, especially the "Game over" one

mks1955 Platinum

Closeup of the print pattern from one of my favorite Hawaiian shirts...

20141212_111026_resized.jpg

brightlybob and erc. I appears that no one else will dare (at least not yet) to post a picture of themselves wearing an outrageous shirt (foxglove, you are exempt from this comment as you did post an unusual selfie).

So... Here's another one of me in hopes of encouraging a few brave souls to follow suit.

outrageous.jpg

I've always referred to this as my "paint shirt" for obvious reasons. I haven't worn it in years. It still fits (mostly).

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

bejacob I'm diggin' that one. It looks stain-proof. I mean, who could tell?

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Ohhhhh welllllll, this is TOTALLY against my better judgement (what better judgement? ), buhhht...

IMAG3653w.jpg

Circa 197-3?  Maybe 4?  Notice the Puka shell necklace.  Surfer Girl was more a reference to style than anything else, at least where I grew up (the real surfer girls lived on The Islands).  Hawaiian shirts, Levi 501's and "zories" (look it up, ha!) were the uniform of the day.

erc Platinum

Oh my (on hotel computer, which doesn't allow transfer of photos or you would have received one of my George Takei "Oh mys" ), the judges may have to go back into the scorecards, we could have a late entry winner! This has courage and style written all over it (of course, we'll first need our resident organizational shrink bpelican to give us a full analysis to assure she can withstand a year of ceremonial activities). Way to go pluto77.

ps - I've seen pluto in real life and she still looks this youthful (and has improved her fashion choices over the years).

KatieC Member

Here you go, erc!

George.png

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I tried to reply over the weekend, but my laptop is @#$% and the iPad mini is often un-uncooperative on the MRI site.

I should quit while I'm behind, but I'll go on to confess that I stole that shirt out of my dad's closet and altered it to make it fit (what can I say?  a girl has to keep up with the latest fad fashion).  After that, my mom bought me a bunch of Hawaiian fabric (perhaps to keep me out of dad's wardrobe?)  Hawaiian fabric was the "in" thing for a couple of years.  We made everything with it... and it actually served as a great motivator for me to advance my sewing skills in those days (that and Sadie Hawkins dances).  Whatever works, I guess.

And thanks (me AND Clairol thank you ) for the kind words.  As for improved fashion choices, more and more I'm wearing - what's comfortable.  (One of these days I'm going to ditch every pair of high heels that I own! )

Are you wearing that shirt to the islands when you finally come to visit pluto77??

Now here is a spot I just stumbled upon that I believe holds merit in the outrageous shirts thread!!

Funny T Shirts - RoadKillTShirts

Awesome