10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2014 8:55 AM by KatieC RSS

Florida Resorts

rfutterman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Looking to go to a Florida resort for the holidays, can I get your opinion on Marco Island vs Singer Island. I have stayed at Marco and it was fabulous but thinking of trying Singer Island in in Palm Beach Gardens with my wife and 3 daughters 8,11,13. Comments please.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marriott Resort
  • Re: Florida Resorts
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

My only comment would be that growing up on the Southwest coast of Florida I'd much rather be at Marco than on the Atlantic, just my preference.  And the Marco Island resort as you know is second to none, so see if you can snag one of the Lanai rooms out on the end of the wings, they're incredible.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

I would echo IAHFLYR's post.  Don't know Singer Island, I'm sure it must be a quality place.  But the Marco Island Resort sets a new standard - can't go wrong there, especially if you can get a room like IAHFLYR suggests.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I have been to both and both are nice.  I do think my first choice would be Marco.  I like the white sand beach.  Palm Beach Gardens has many good restaurants and I think I would say better than Marco.  The beach is nice in both. 

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Good to see a list of recommended restaurants.  I have been there more than once and never felt that I found food that I would call exceptional.  Maybe next time.

debbiebrown Platinum 6 Reviews

Thanks for these suggestions! Just scored the other day Gulf Front 2 bedroom for 2016 January....on destination points...not going to our St Thomas that year!

KatieC Member

Hey rfutterman - Thanks for posting! I grew up on the Southeast coast of Florida (so watch it, IAHFLYR ) but I have heard amazing things about Marco. Tough decision. The area around Singer Island has great restaurants and lots to do. I can send you a few recs if you decide on that location.   

erc Platinum

I'm another big fan of Marco Island, but I'm currently in Central Florida with a guy who has stayed at the Palm Beach Garden property (granted he has an ocean view) and he tells me that the good news is you can't really go wrong either way, it's really more dependent on the best rates/room value you can secure and what the kids like to do (Palm Beach has great pools that most kids would enjoy and plenty to do around the area). So it looks like a win/win as long as you're comfortable with the room value. Have a great trip.

Now, what really got me involved in this post . We haven't heard for weeks from our pals merb and KatieC and now a Daily Double - both in one day (here's hoping The specified item was not found. isn't tied up in a closet somewhere).

This reminds me of my paperboy - 364 days, not a peep, then all of a sudden around the holidays, hello Mr. Erc .

So figuring the Revelry Rousers are seeking holiday greetings - here you go - Happy Holidays merb, katiec and joshm, good having you back in the groove with us Insiders - Keep on keepin' on (and posting) .

KatieC Member

Haha! Yes, you never know when merb and I will pop up! Don't worry, The specified item was not found. is just fine.

Happy Holidays to all of you awesome Insiders!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...