4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2014 2:58 PM by lindseyh RSS

Booking a break for my wife - can I use my rewards number?

phaofifth Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am booking a short break, in Canada,for my wife and daughter but I would like to use my Marriott Reward Number is this allowed? And would they get my Gold Elite benefits?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Booking a break for my wife - can I use my rewards number?
    hahaha48 Platinum 2 Reviews

Most likely yes for your wife

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

I did this for my wife and daughter this summer.  Booked the hotel(JW Marriott) with rewards which is fine, had my name on the reservation along with her name BUT since I am the rewards club member and not her they informed her at check in that she would not get Plat privileges without me being present.  So after talking to a manager at the time of check in they reached an agreement and let both my wife and daughter have the privileges connected to Platinum rewards.  They had a wonderful stay and were treated well but this they said was an exception and not the norm.  My advice would be to contact the hotel (especially a full service Marriott) and make sure you have the details confirmed.  Hope this helps.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi phaofifth, and welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders! So glad to see you've jumped in with a great question!

For tips and tricks as to navigating the forum, I encourage you to take a look at our Getting Started Guide, it may contain information you'll find useful! Also, feel free to reach out to myself, The specified item was not found. @katieC, or NathalieF with any questions you have. We make up the moderators for this forum.

I'm looking into your question and will let you know what I find out. Stay tuned!

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey phaofifth, here's what I found out!

You can use your points to make a reservation for your family (or anyone!) but they will not receive your Gold benefits. Only you will receive those benefits. If you were to accompany them, most hotels will extend lounge access to one or two guests.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...