2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2014 3:23 PM by lindseyh RSS

Thankful

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I would once again like to say how thankful I am as another year is coming to a close.  Cancer has once again attacked my family, and it really puts things in perspective.  The simple things which my other family [Marriott employees] have given me through the year once again come to mind.  I has spoken about the power of a smile, and a simple "how was your day" as I am greeted by front desk personal throughout the nation.  The offer of fresh, hot coffee as I wander into the lobby during the early morning hours. The random acts of kindness by the housekeeping, and the list goes on.  Instead of complaining about something [lack of upgrades], I just wanted to say what a great job everyone at Marriott does for me, and I hope you all have a safe, and HEALTHY New Year. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Thankful
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

As the festive season approaches and the year ends it's good to look back and count our blessings. Your opening sentence certainly puts our grumbles here into perspective. The issues we raise are really "first world problems" and in reality ours are the problems of a relatively privileged few of that privileged few.

Less than 5% of the worlds population has flown this year, and only about 10% of the worlds population has ever flown. We travel as part of our work and that's an incredible privilege, that we can stay at wonderful hotels and experience Marriotts "spirit to serve" only adds to the equation.

I am particularly reminded of a stay in Birmingham where I was getting ready for court and to my horror found I hadn't packed a tie, so would need to divert to a shop to grab one. I miserably stepped into the lift which stopped halfway down for a Marriott staff member. She remembered me from previous visits and asked if I had an interesting case, whereupon I replied that I'd forgotten my tie, so was going to have to dash around to get hold of one. "no need for that" she replied and while I was checking out she dashed into the stores and brought me out a Marriott tie!

Thanks for the reminder donethat

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Thankful
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Best wishes to you and your family, donethat! Thank's so much for sharing, and for reminding us of all that we have to be thankful for!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...