14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2015 4:37 AM by travelbug100 RSS

Marriott Your Account – A look back at 2014 emails - did you get one?

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So I've long said I'm spending these points faster than I'm earning them but this kinda just made all of that come to light.  I do question the actual numbers they have, by my numbers I've used more than this...way more.   Also interesting to see the stays.  I am not sure if that includes point stays or not but with Nights stayed 117 and another 14 nights to add before the end of the year, it's interesting to see the "stays" statistic. 

So lets see what you all have done for the year.  Here's mine.  I do wish the earned was at least equal to the redeemed....but you can't take them with you and I've had some great memories made this year using these points

stays.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Your Account – A look back at 2014 emails - did you get one?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Ive just looked at my morning inbox, alas I don't have this. It would be interesting to recieve one as the stats are interesting (as someone who doesn't bother to keep a spreadsheet of my Marriott stays)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

I got one!  And it tallies with my spread sheet.

erc Platinum

350k earned

450k used

22 stays

19 cities

Love those American small towns and medium cities - dinner, game, show, walk around - can't beat it .

I had about another 20 or so stays/cities at VRBOs, friends timeshares, TravelZoos, and with poker buddies (who are Golden Century freebirds - lucky dogs). But still no airbnb , waiting for our early adopters to report in .

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I got one too.  I guess I should keep a spreadsheet.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I got my email last night. A fair number of cities but not as many points as some folks since most of my stays only are for a single night (and I almost always use the gov't rate preferring a bargain to earning a greater number of points). Didn't spend any points but I used 6 promo certs from past MegaBonuses. As a still relative newcomer to MR, I'm hoarding my points, though I've now accumulated enough for a week or two at some pretty nice properties so the hoarding won't continue too much longer.

2014.PNG

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Just got a new email from Marriott complete with a 45 second video clip customized to show my year in review. I'm guessing others have see it as well. Doesn't tell me anything I didn't already know, but it's marginally interesting. Here are the highlights from the video in a single bite-sized graphic that showed up as part of the email.

2014 new.PNG

Covers almost the same info as the previous email in a slightly different format.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Hey, zukracer - that's fascinating - I just went back and looked and found mine (buried in mounds of spam) - thanks for pointing it out

It was encouraging to see how many points I earned, particularly since we burned 475,000 points this year on an outstanding family vacation - A Tuscan Gem with Renaissance Style! - Italy, Tuscany - Il Ciocco, Barga, Cinque Terre, Florence, Lucca, Pisa - and it was worth every point!!!! - but now I'm really impressed that zukracer burned 685,000 points - wow - well done!!!!

In any event, this email/video was more interesting that the email I previously saw...

Dear XXXXXXXX,

It has been a truly amazing year and I would like to thank you for playing an important role in the growth and success of Marriott International.

We're happy to ring in the holiday season with new services and amenities for you, our loyal guests. We recognize the need to create a better digital experience for our members. We are the first hotel company to offer free Wi-Fi to all 47 million Marriott Rewards® members at more than 3,800 hotels. This year we launched Mobile Check-in/Checkout, Plus Points, FlashPerks and LocalPerks to deliver new ways to participate and receive benefits from membership.

The company continues to add hotels for you to enjoy, with over 100 new Protea hotels in Africa. In September, we opened our first Moxy hotel in Milan, and just recently one of our AC Hotels by Marriott® properties debuted in New Orleans. Our successful Autograph Collection® has also added the iconic Atlantis, Paradise Island Resort in the Bahamas. Next year promises more great hotels in places like Miami, New York, Barcelona and Venice.

Again, I would like to thank you for your business on behalf of everyone who works with Marriott International around the world. We look forward to welcoming you and continuing to serve you wherever your travels take you in 2015.

Best wishes for a joyous holiday season and wonderful New Year!

Warm regards,
    Bill Marriott
    Chairman, Marriott International

erc Platinum

I received the same e-mail. In the past week, I received similar e-mails from OpenTable and Restaurant.com and of course, we've probably all seen summaries of the year in review, on Facebook (whether we have accounts or not).

I guess this is the new wave of 'Big Data'. I'm sure this will grow more and more sophisticated (probably soon with pictures of my family pet and a note from my dentist) but currently in these earliest stages, it somewhat reminds me of the early days of form letters being "customized" to include your name and address.

In a report titled, "Marriott Steps Up Its Content Game to Lure Millennials to Its Hotels", I just read about and watched an 18 minute video with Karen Timpone, Marriott's Content Studio Excecutive discussing how this was the future. I was amused midway in, when she stated, "even our long term Platinums have told us how exciting programs like the Badges are".

Here we go, into a brave new world.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

my year end video thing/email says I stayed 155 nights this year and earned 539,388 points this year.  I've cashed out another 40-50k from the first email but they dont say how many points I've used just that I've redeemed 27 nights, in 16 cities, 18 different hotels and 5 brands.

Interestingly enough, my account says I've only stayed 140 nights but have over 220 "elite" nights. 

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

image.jpgNeat idea but why do it now  why not wait till the full years done

Far East Man Platinum 1 Reviews
    Shayo
    Yohan
    Platinum Lifetime
    Marriott REWARDS®
    Find & Reserve
    Shayo, Thanks For
    Your Loyalty This Year!
    Members like you make our program great.
    We accomplished a lot together in 2014.
    Your Year With
    Marriott Rewards
    As of 12/24/2014
    79 Nights Stayed
    27 Cities
    5 Nights Redeemed
    31 Hotels
    406,531 Points Earned
    4 Brands

Yep, I got one too.

travelbug100 Gold 10 Reviews

I got one- 152 nights this year

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...