7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2014 11:31 AM by erc RSS

We know about FlashPerks, but what about LocalPerks?

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Many in the community may be familiar with Marriott's late-summer FlashPerks. For anyone unfamiliar with FlashPerks you may find the following posts from communitymanager, erc, and brightlybob interesting:

Exclusive Look at the First Week of FlashPerks

Re: NY Marriott Eastside - A FlashPerks Winner

Re: So, Flashperks is over. What did we like folks?

A week or so ago I stumbled upon the Marriott new release announcing FlashPerks (Next Gen Travelers Can Have it Now – Award-winning Marriott Rewards Launches FlashPerks & LocalPerks - Marriott News Center) and noticed that Marriott also announced LocalPerks.  According to the release:

"As the first loyalty program in the hospitality industry to utilize Beacon technology,Marriott Rewards’ LocalPerks, offers exclusive, localized experiences including food & beverage, golf, and spa deals to members. Using geo-tracking technology, visitors and hotel guests with the Marriott Mobile Guest Services app will receive personalized offers based on their precise location within in the hotel.  LocalPerks launches July 24 at the San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina followed by the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront and Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa. To celebrate the launch of LocalPerks, guests will receive an invitation to a LocalPerks Lounge, open from 2:00pm to 6:00pm, July 24-27, 2014, hosted by Marriott Rewards at the San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina. The LocalPerks Lounge will provide charging stations, complimentary snacks, access to iPads, a “gif” photo booth, and amenities. The Marriott Mobile Guest Services app is available through iTunes and compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch."

Any information you can provide on LocalPerks, communitymanager?  LocalPerks does not mention anything about a limited running time like FlashPerks did.  Is LocalPerks still going on?  Are there plans for expansion?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Baltimore, Maryland, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
San Diego, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
Marco Island, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa
  • Re: We know about FlashPerks, but what about LocalPerks?
    erc Platinum

jakeal

I was counting on you guys to check out the Mobile deals, thinking it was like restaurants that told you of deals when you were in the neighborhood. So like you, I'm curious about the status (and results) of this program (here's another paragraph in the release, in case folks don't want to click):

With LocalPerks, Marriott Rewards becomes the first major hotel loyalty program to offer geo-targeted, mobile offers during a member’s stay. Using Beacon technology, participating hotels will send guests push notifications on their mobile devices as they move about the property.  Offers will be tailored to the property, ranging from food and beverage to spa to golf. Future plans for LocalPerks include Marriott Rewards offers available locally in the neighborhoods surrounding participating hotels.

Ringing the NathalieF, any info? Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

erc

I fixed the three links in my first post.  From the press release it seems like LocalPerks was rolled out at "San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina followed by the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront and Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa".  I have not stayed at any of those properties so I have not had any experience with the LocalPerks.  I do have the app installed and plan to install the new version of the app per NathalieF's recent post (The brand new Marriott mobile app launches December 4th) so I will be interested to hear if this is rolling out systemwide. 

Location Brand Hotel
      Baltimore, Maryland, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
      San Diego, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
      Marco Island, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi jakeal and erc! Great questions on LocalPerks. LocalPerks is currently running at 14 Marriott Hotels in the U.S. and will run through the beginning of 2015. We are currently evaluating how and when to expand the program.

Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel

Charleston Marriott

Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile

Cincinnati Marriott North

Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park

Denver Marriott West

Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa

Indianapolis Marriott Downtown

Irvine Marriott

Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa

Marriott Marquis Washington, DC

New York Marriott Downtown

San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront

Washington, DC Marriott Marquis

erc Platinum

jakeal

To go along with the Local Perks (and to thank you for being cutting edge ) here's additional perks

"Tell 'em what he's won Johnny"  (sorry, before your time no doubt)

Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel - two free Natty Bohs with erc (or one craft beer )

Marriott Marquis Washington Dc - two free beers of your choosing (I save on gas ).

Note how Marriott pumps up the stats with mentioning the DC Marquis twice. I'm tellin' ya, those guys - watch 'em!

(yes, I know Nathalie, it was probably just the moderation team - no need to fall on your sword - just joshing)

erc Platinum

jakeal

As much as I want to learn from, and am appreciative of, your impressive 'early adopter' skills;

please don't confuse FlashPerks with FlushPerks

Amazon wants you to shop inside public bathroom stalls - Money - TODAY.com

(as a former P & G guy, it's like scratching fingernails on the blackboard when they misspell Procter).

I actually think this is a brilliant marketing idea from our pals at Otterbox

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

erc

I must give it to P & G and Amazon for being creative.  Though I likely will not be an early adopter as I try to avoid malls in favor of online shopping and outlets!

I may just cash in on my Baltimore / Dc LocalPerks . . . I don't have any DC travel planned, but will let you know.  Let me know when you are in Baltimore.

erc Platinum

Like my offer to arkwright above, you let me know when you're in Charm City and if I'm in the megalopolis, I'll drive on by (60 miles, piece of cake).

If I did it for these guys (at The Rusty Scupper, just across from the Renaissance and Marriott Waterfront)

20141119_182832_resized.jpg

I'd certainly do it for my early adopter, fellow brewman, jakeal.

that's what you do as King of the Deadbeats - go where the action is

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...