10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2014 3:33 PM by lwat RSS

Real problems with ShopMyWay and Chase cards points not posting

gw615 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Points have not posted to my account and it never took this long from my spend on Chase card.  As bad as that I use ShopMyWay on Marriott often and they had all my purchases showing in the account as pending from the first of November until up to yesterday and they have all disappeared.  Poof, gone.

ShopMyWay has no phone number and I did get a reply from email reply today that I need to send them all the information from the purchases so they can investigate.  Wow....they have no history of what was showing in my account for weeks and I am left piecing it back together.  Have these sites been through a cyber attack or something?

I called Marriott Rewards about my card closing on the 21st and they said others are having the same problem, sorry, give it time.  Glad I didn't plan to use the points anytime soon.  Next time I am taking screen shots of everything.

Thank you for letting me vent!and Chase card

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Real problems with ShopMyWay and Chase cards points not posting
    jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

i just checked my shopmyway account and its still showing my pending purchases since the last on back in 10/14. My chase credit card points usually post 2days after the statement cut date which for me is always the 3rd, so my points get posted around the 5th. didnt have any issues with the points posting on my last statement. i hope it gets resolved.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

gw615 Silver

Just now I went to my shopmyway and they are back in pending,  wow!  I tooka screenshot this time and there are a couple that are and have never been there and emailed them the details.

As for the points from credit card not posting after more than 10 days, I called Marriott rewards she said she has taken several calls with the same question and her answer was that statements closed from the 20, 21 and 22 are not posting for some reason.  They are trying to fix this but do not know when.  I am alittle anxoius because they are points I needed to top off for award nights.  I did find out they will reserve with points even if you do not have all of them yet, never had to before, but good to know.

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

Interesting!  Keep us posted!

gw615 Silver

Today 12/10 I have finally gotten my points from my credit card posted.  That was 20 days, longer than ever before.  My shopmyway points now are more than 60 days from when they were first entered as pending.  I have emailed them about that and sales that have not been added and have heard nothing.  This time of year I do a lot of online shopping like everyone, but will use another portal or discover.

I probably would not have been so anxious but needed these points to complete a stay and expect to get it done and move on.

gw615 Silver

Ding! Ding! Ding! Now my shopmyway has finally posted.  12/16.  All bought before 10/14.  So this will show anyone that may need a few points to get a reward that you will have to wait 2 months if you do it this way.

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

its weird, i still got a transaction in pending for a purchase on 10/14 but 5 other purchases (after 10/14) upto 11/02 have already been credited.

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

I've had some ShopMyWay purchases not show up, which really bothers me.  I've tried contacting them before and their customer service is terrible.  If you tell them they didn't post something (with the merchant name, date, and confirmation number) they will tell you that they can't track it. 

gw615 Silver

the last time I emailed them they asked for all the info.  I spent time finding it and replying never to hear back or seeing it posted.  They must be overwhelmed.  I've only used this portal for about 6 month so not sure how reliable but the other that I have used seem to be on top of it.  I stopped using and go to other sites for the holiday.

annew20 Gold

I keep a written log of my purchases from the ShopMyWay merchants & I also print out a copy of the confirmation page so when I receive the merchandise I check mark it & when I receive the points I check mark it.  This takes a bit of time to keep track of everything but I find that you can't rely on Marriott (or merchants) to post purchases timely, as this topic indicates.  I give it at least 45 days & then I call customer service if nothing posts.  Be sure to write the order/confirmation # down as they require this to trace the order.  I don't know why we have to keep track of our points posting two months later!

lwat Member

You know Chase. If Chase doesn't report the purchase or it takes them longer than 45 days you don't get the credit.   I use another card on ShopMyWay and have had zero problems.  I generally get my award in 45 days. I Love the program.  I would use another card and you won't have any problems.

Also you can click that link for contact us at the bottom of the page.  I have found them to be very responsive.  I only had to ask a question once and they got back to me within a day.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...