5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2014 1:32 PM by foxglove RSS

Just Booked my hotel for EDC!

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

im so exited i just had to make a topic. I just booked my hotel for 5 nights in vegas for EDC. The Lucky hotel was....drum roll please...

Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center

I was breaking my head over which hotel to book, how to book (cash+points, just points, or just cash) after reviewing each hotel and their room options, prices,amenities, fees, and the 3 other friends that are going. I was torn between the renaissance and the residence inn. Renaisance was much better looking aesthetics wise but did not offer free breakfast and rooms for points were limited to only a double. redemption of 4n+5th free was 100k. The residence offers free breakfast, no resort fees, and a 2queen + sofa bed studio suite with a kitchenette. Not only that but it was only 80k for the whole 5 nights. also since it is a category 4, i plan on using my annual free night to book either at that hotel or renaissance for 1 night only after we conclude the stay, just to take advantage of it. I will be saving over 1k from their best available rate which was aaa. I say not bad. Friends offered to pitch in for hotel, im not sure if i should ask for some money in return.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Just Booked my hotel for EDC!
    erc Platinum

Ha! I just had to respond, because a nephew of mine is a DJ and a big fan of Deadmau5 and has been yapping about this event for weeks (hinting he'd love to score some tickets for a Christmas gift ). So I can't wait to tell him I know of someone who is going - way to go jm1991.

And well played on the lodging. Definitely your friends should chip in ..... for something, meals, shuttle ticket to the grounds (if not driving, if so, then rental car), or at the very least, some glow sticks!

Have a great time and take plenty of pictures (especially of some of your dance moves), it's as close as I'll get .

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

jm1991,

Congratulations on your choice, and upcoming trip!

Like erc asked, please send information and pictures of your trip!

Have a wonderful time!

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

jerrycoin Birthday greetings today to you, sir! I hope you have a wonderful day, with many happy returns! Btw, I'm still waiting to hear back from Darryl Hannah about our future b'day trip, but Ozzy says he's in.

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

its not till june so thats months away. but im glad i was able to take care of all of it months in advance. All i need now is the car rental but we are getting it in san jose so i will look into that as the date approaches, maybe ill find some promo that i can cash in on bonus points.

erc Platinum

San Jose to Vegas - Road trip....those were the days. Enjoy, and share, we'll live vicariously

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...