3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2014 8:51 AM by ehjay RSS

Open Late Night?

ehjay Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What's with lobby lounges closing shortly after 10pm, might as well start turning all Marriott's into Courtyards with their cheap cheesy new lobby lounges.

Overseas travel for any traveler should be accommodated with their well priced hotel providing all accommodations and amenities including the opportunity to sit in a lounge late night (early morning at home) and do what they need to with a drink and snack.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Open Late Night?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Well, I'm not so sure what a lobby lounge is. Certainly all the Marriotts I've stayed at have a bar and that's always open well past 11pm, although I do remember in the 80's it was to the last man standing, nowadays hotel bars do tend to close between 11pm and 1.00am.

Maybe ive never noticed a lobby service as I'm too busy at the bar

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ehjay Platinum

Thanks but in my travels yes the "bar" or as they like to softly call it the "lounge" is closing earlier it's never open or available when I check in after my 20 hour flight and arriving at the hotel beyond 10pm. Or after working 14 to 16 hours and getting to the hotel after 10pm hoping that my selected hotel that advertised this service could provide me a drink and something light to eat, in the comfort of other travelers like me to talk to. No big worry, there are many others out there.

Glad to see you stay in places that still call them bars and are open late. Yes I'd like to see the good ole day's like the 80's, unfortunately it is another century and all about saving money and killing service

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

OOh, yes, I rmemeber well those days when I was in training and my boss footed the bill, he could really drink... Actually, TBH those nights remain somewhat fuzzy!

I really find it difficult to believe that Marriott is going to cut down the bar service to 10pm, but like you, any hotel I found closing the bar at 10pm would not see me again. Sometimes travelling means early starts and late finishes, the idea of a hotel is

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...