1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 2, 2014 4:20 AM by brightlybob RSS

Paris Rive Gauche Marriott

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The economic choice for Paris

Well, who'd credit it? A Marriott FS as a budget choice hotel? Well with crazy Parisian hotel prices, this could almost be it. With rates frequently below €150 for Paris this is truly  at the economic end of the market price wise, but not anywhere else, for its a true FS.

Getting to the hotel from CDG is simple on the RER to Denfert Rochereau, from there its a short walk straight down Boulevard St Jacques. Any difficulty getting your bearing from Denfert and just look for the road sign to Place D'Italie and follow that, the hotel's a 5-10 min walk on the right. There is a closer metro but frankly changing to the metro line at Denfert simply isn't worth it!

From Denfert or the next door metro the whole of Paris is at your disposal, but we both enjoyed walking each morning to the Seine via Parc Luxembourg and getting a real slice of Parisian life! The pleasant walk to the Seine is about half an hour.

If you're a Plat or Gold you'll find the exec lounge upgrade available Mon-Fri, and its a good lounge with strong food and wine/beer freely available.

Breakfast is taken each morning in the restaurant and is a good buffet with both cooked and continental options. as expected with a Parisian hotel the cooked options weren't great (with the notable exception of the egg station) but the breads were fabulous, so when in Rome/Paris, and all that!

The room was a good size and scrupulously clean. All contact with staff was exceptionally helpful, if service is an issue in France (If? If? It certainly IS!) its no issue in this Marriott!

This is my 10th++ visit to Paris and no, if you're planning a packed first visit you need to be super central, but be prepared to pay a kings ransom, or sleep in a pit. If you're a seasoned visitor to this city then the Marriott Rive Gauche is a surprising left-of-field choice with easy connection by RER to CDG, great connections via Metro throughout Paris and a half hour interesting walk to the Seine, it has much to commend it. Even if you're on a first visit, if funds are short and you're prepared to do a bit of homework, this can still work well, and will for me as I certainly plan to return...

Date Stayed: December 2013

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center
  • Re: Paris Rive Gauche Marriott
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Although Marriott is removing reviews from this site, like erc I feel they are a valuable resource being written by regular Marriott guests who know what to expect, so I've rescued this from the forthcoming cull. Any particularly useful comments/updates get a Helpful, or maybe even a Correct!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...