1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 2, 2014 4:16 AM by brightlybob RSS

Budapest Boscolo

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This is a must stay place!

This is easily one of the best Marriotts I have stayed at in my life. The rooms are excellent, all staff are faultless, the lobby is jaw dropping, that is until you see the opulence of the restaurant!
There are some places you just have to see in your life, and this hotel is one of them. If your budget doesn't extend to a stay then at least treat yourself to a coffee at the New York Cafe, the place is stunning! The photos cannot ever do justice to this place.
But it's not just about the 100 year old design, below the surface this is a fully functioning modern hotel with all the 5 star amenities and facilities one would expect, all delivered by a thoroughly professional attentive staff.
We stayed for 5 nights in October and as a Gold I was upgraded to a gorgeous suite with a wonderful marble bathroom. Breakfast in the New York cafe was included and this had a wide range of breakfast foods. The breads and yogurts were particularly good! We dined at the New York cafe one evening and it was fabulous, great food and wonderful ambience. The bar is lovely, a little haven of tranquility tucked away in the corner.
My missus tried the spa and was very impressed with the service, facilities and the price.
As a traditional "grande dame" hotel this takes takes some beating. We loved Budapest, but I reckon we loved the Boscolo just a little bit more, possibly more than is good for us!
We really look forward to returning...

Date Stayed: October 2013

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Budapest, Hungary Autograph Collection Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
  • Re: Budapest Boscolo
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Although Marriott is removing reviews from this site, like erc I feel they are a valuable resource being written by regular Marriott guests who know what to expect, so I've rescued this from the forthcoming cull. Any particularly useful comments/updates get a Helpful, or maybe even a Correct!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...