1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 2, 2014 4:18 AM by brightlybob RSS

Leicester UK Marriott

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Big clean rooms, efficient hotel

The Leicester Marriott, built overlooking both the M69 and M1, its not exactly scenic. It's not downtown either, stuck as it is on a commercial estate in the district of Blaby. So it's a couple of miles drive into Leicester, but really surprising how convenient its location actually is. My work takes me up and down the country and very often this is a convenient place to stop en route to between destinations. As a result this is a hotel that gets my custom more than most, and it's a good place. Rooms are big, swimming pool well sized, lounge area very relaxing and the Mixx restaurant has very good food, its a destination in itself! The whole hotel is scrupulously clean.

Although it does have an exec lounge service is pretty limited, the food one-dimensional, beer and wine only for very limited hours (5:30/7:30) and key accessible only at weekends. I'm not sure this hotel is convinced of the merits of an exec lounge. At least it has a lounge!

Despite te the distinctly mediocre lounge food and drink, the rest is very good, and it remains a choice I will continue to make when my travels take me to Central England...

Date Stayed: October 2014

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Leicester, England, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts Leicester Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Leicester UK Marriott
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Although Marriott is removing reviews from this site, like erc I feel they are a valuable resource being written by regular Marriott guests who know what to expect, so I've rescued this from the forthcoming cull. Any particularly useful comments/updates get a Helpful, or maybe even a Correct!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...