1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 2, 2014 4:17 AM by brightlybob RSS

Philadelphia Marriott

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

MARRIOTT PHILADELPHIA

Solid Marriott in great location

This is a very big Marriott, 2 banks of elevations whisk you around the hotels 23 floors, the hotel exits 4 ways. It's easy to get lost at first.

The rooms are not spectacular, but spacious, very comfy with the delicious Marriott bed and scrupulously clean as one would expect with Marriott. Plenty of power sockets too.

The bar, 13 is lively as it has its own street entry meaning it's not merely a hotel bar, but a place where locals gather. It runs a 2 hour early evening "happy hour" with $3 beers, and at weekends that happy hour lasts all afternoon as well as early evening. It's an easy place to pass some very pleasant time.

The exec lounge is large and therefore didnt suffer from overcrowding during our stay, althpugh I can believe that when there's a big conference it could get very busy. It has wide food offerings for both evening and breakfast, though alas no free beer :-( Mind you that seems to be the North American way.

image.jpgimage.jpg

It's closed at weekends and is one of the few Marriotts to have an exemption from the 7-day breakfast rule at weekends, when in lieu of lounge access you receive 1000 ppints per night. I had to chase up mine though, as the hotel "forgot". You won't believe how many Marriotts "forget" the unusual bonus points, in fact in my experience only the Leeds Marriott in England keeps a proper tally!

Now, to be honest the lack of breakfast at weekends is no bad thing as it gives you an incentive to sample the fabulous breakfasts available at the next door "Reading Terminal Market". Soooo much choice, soooo delicious, especially recommend the Amish diner, fabulous pancakes and sausage.. YUM!

So there you have it, big comfy rooms right smack dab in the city centre, next to Reading Terminal Market and a covered walk to both the Conference centre and Jefferson station with a great sportsbar, strong lounge and scrupulously clean throughout. What's not to like?

Date Stayed: November 2014

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
  • Re: Philadelphia Marriott
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Although Marriott is removing reviews from this site, like erc I feel they are a valuable resource being written by regular Marriott guests who know what to expect, so I've rescued this from the forthcoming cull. Any particularly useful comments/updates get a Helpful, or maybe even a Correct!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...