1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 28, 2014 5:19 AM by brightlybob RSS

Cruise not enough bang for your points

daniel21 Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Try to buy a trip to europe with my mvc points .They ask 6500 pts for a cruise- way too much points,I've phone celebrity cruise for the price of that cruise same room same date same ship it was 3678,28$ for two. 6500 pts for 3500.00$ not a good deal.They have to adjust it's not a fair deal.I'll be in Kuaii instead for a week and 5 days in Ko Olina for the same amount of points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Cruise not enough bang for your points
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I assume you mean 650,000 points for a $3678 cruise!

The fact is that Marriott points are Marriotts currency, and you'll virtually always get a much better deal on hotel stays/travel packages (the miles+Marriott voucher) than on any other type of redemption.

I wouldn't consider that cruise redemption for a moment, but to some road-warriors sitting on a huge points-mountain accumulated on the bosses dime, well that's a different matter...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...