13 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2015 3:48 AM by brightlybob RSS

Problems with point/stay credits at Autograph Hotels

natecann Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm curious if other people are having the same problems I am with getting credits for points and stays after staying at Autograph properties.

As kind of a change of pace, I recently chose the House of Blues Hotel in Chicago and the Cosmopolitan in Vegas as alternatives to the "normal" Marriott experience. They stays themselves were terrific but in both cases my account activity failed to acknowledge the stays. I did not get credit for nights stayed and did not receive the points.

I sent information through to Marriott Rewards through their missing stay protocol and then followed up by phone a couple of times - never to hear from them again. I'm a lifetime platinum so I thought I might be treated a bit better but such is life, I suppose.

I'm reluctant to stay at Autograph properties in the future unless I can solve this problem so I would appreciate any help the Forum can provide.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Problems with point/stay credits at Autograph Hotels
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I stayed at Cosmo a year or so ago and it took like two months to get credit. I also found out that restaurant charges didn't get points either only the hotel bill( at least for me)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

emry88 Platinum

II'm having the same issues. I stayed at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas and had to send in a missing stay request. They did credit just one day of 3 day stay. I'm am baffled as to how this happens especially since I booked the stay thru Marriiott.com.  

Marriott corporate should really address this. 

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I've only had 2 stays at Autographs, the first at the Budapest Boscolo credited both quickly and correctly, the second at The Glasshouse in Edinburgh turned into a real performance as it included at 10,000 bonus point promo for Sundays and took almost a month of to-ing and fro-ing to credit

lauric Platinum

Hi brightlybob,

Could you tell me if you received complimentary breakfast at the Glasshouse as a Platinum member? I will be staying at the Glasshouse the last week in June

Thank you!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

HI lauric

Yes, the Glasshouse does provide free continental breakfast to Golds and Plats. There is a nice continental buffet. When you're seated for breakfast you will also be given a menu for the freshly-cooked-to-order full Scottish which you can select for only £5 extra and I would definitely advise that to be well worthwhile. I'd rank it as one of the top 10 breakfasts of my life... Yum!

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I have had 3 different stays at the Cosmo and recall that one of those stays I had to call Marriott Rewards to get credit for the stay.

pinaldave Gold

I have stayed earlier with Cosmo Las Vegas and my points are not credited and no one is answering my emails or call.

This is sad.

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

I have had the same issue about 4 times this year at a variety of Marriott branded hotels.  I normally call customer service and they take care of the issue over the phone.  They have called the hotels on my behalf or on occasion simply given me credit based on my folio.  Their service has been outstanding in resolving issues. Thanks to all the reward staff for a job well done!!

emry88 Platinum

Hi All:

I did call the Platinum customer service line (to get thru the voice prompt just say "I want to combine two Marriott Accounts) and spoke with a lovely customer service agent.  She explained to me that The Cosmopolitan in Vegas is on a different computer system and the Hotel should forward the folio to Marriott for credit, but his does not happen very often.  She called the Cosmo for me and was able to credit my account immediately.  I asked if there was something I should do at checkout to remind the Hotel to process the points and she said I could try a friendly reminder, but more than likely I would have to do a missing stay request or call.

This is not very efficient, but at least we have a path forward....No I have to figue our what my Credit Card points have not posted in November.  This is becoming a full time job following the points!

amyfe Platinum

I am having the same problem with The Davenport in Spokane. I have submitted my folio and talked to Marriott Rewards customer service twice. Very frustrating.

dgreen12 Platinum

The Davenport is new to the Marriott system --- I stayed there on 11/22 (shortly after they joined the Autograph Collection) and haven't had points post yet --- sent in the manual folio request a week or so ago.

I'd cut them some slack for the time being (unlike some long-time Marriott properties.)

jlbarone3 Platinum

Am having the same problem with the Cosmo right now! Checked out on Dec 9 after 3 nights. Waited 10 days. Called the Cosmo to see what's up - they confirmed my MR Rewards # was on the reservation. I asked if there was anything they can do to get my nights posted - they said no, I have to call MR Rewards. So I submitted my missing stay request today.

I REALLY HOPE it gets posted by Dec 31 because I need those 3 nights for Plat status!

Also I should add I've stayed at other Autograph properties (The Hotel Chicago, Winter Haven) and had zero issues with nights/points posting correctly. It just seems to be the Cosmo

emry88 Platinum

Call the elite line at (800) 321-7396 they can call Cosmo and take care of it while you are on the phone.  The missing stay request is hit or miss and the communication process is terrible.

You are also correct, the MR helpdesk informed me that Cosmo is one of the hotels that use a different computer system and the stays/points do not cross over electronically.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...