2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2014 9:45 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Orlando area properties ...decisions ..decisions

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Tired of reading all the reviews so thought I would give this a try.

The boss (wife of course) decided to switch our planned annual Las Vegas trip in May to a Disney vacation instead. This is our vacation before our other annual vacations to Aruba and St Thomas.

Anyway, it has been a while since we have been to Orlando. We have been there a few times with our kids when they were younger and we once stayed at the Grand Vista which we enjoyed so I thought I would just reserve a room there. The rates are actually very cheap (using my MVC ownership discount code) but I was prepared to use some Marriott Reward points if needed.

Then I made the mistake of looking at some other Marriott properties and this put my small brain into a tizzy. There are some nice looking properties that I don't think were there the last time we were in Orlando.

For you experienced Orlando travelers ... I was looking at the JW Grand Lakes which made my mouth water because of the lazy river. Looks really nice and since this is just a kid free Disney trip, I could see myself floating around in that lazy river for a couple of days. Of course, the rates are much higher so I would probably use Marriott Rewards points. The only concern I have about this property is the rooms do not look very exciting. The balcony has no table and chairs and I would miss that. Not sure it is worth the points when I can get a very large one bedroom with large balcony at Grand Vista at a great rate (but then again .... no lazy river).

The other property I noticed was the Marriott Orlando World Center property. Wow ! Looks like a massive property with an assume pool area and close to the parks. But again, rates are to high so would have to use Reward points and the rooms much smaller.

I know there are many other MVC properties and some also have great rates or could use reward points.

Sooooooooooooooo

1) Grand Vista one bedroom Villa for $114 a night... or

2) JW Grand Lakes for 140,000 points plus $25 a night for upgrade lake view room plus resort fee plus parking fee ...... or

3)  Marriott Orlando World Center for 140,000 points plus $50 a night for upgrade to poolside patio room plus resort fee and parking fee....or

4) Some other MVC property that you highly recommend

Appreciate your thoughts.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando, Florida,
  • Re: Orlando area properties ...decisions ..decisions
    Jsucool76 Gold

While I may not be a marriot expert, I am a florida resident who has been to orlando literally hunreds of times throughout my, so far, short life (21 years)

I would recommend going to the hotel you prefer, without the lazy river, and if you want a lazy river, buy tickets to one of the dozens of water parks they have up there. You can usually add them to disney tickets for a substantially lower rate than a regular day ticket. And you get more than a lazy river for that price. That is, if you are planning on going to the parks.

If all you want is a lazy river at your hotel though...then that is that alreay. haha

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Orlando area properties ...decisions ..decisions
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I'd go for the Grande Vista property where you would get more bang for your buck.  You will get a much larger room without the resort and parking fees.  I stayed at the Grande Vista in early October and really enjoyed the stay with the exception of the annoying MVC sales pitches.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...