6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2014 1:47 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Rome: Boscolo Exedra vs. Grand Hotel Flora

erick Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

Has anyone has stayed at both properties that can help me pick one?

It's my first time and Rome, both require the same number of redemption points, can some give me pros/cons? (location, property, rooms, etc.)

Thanks in advance,

Erick

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Rome, Italy Marriott Hotels & Resorts Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora
  • Re: Rome: Boscolo Exedra vs. Grand Hotel Flora
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Hi Erick,

I've never stayed at Boscolo Exedra, only Boscolo Roma and Grand Flora.  I would take the Grand Flora over Boscolo Roma any day.  Boscolo Roma rooms are small (there are a couple of larger ones, but very few).  The Grand Flora has a luxurious look and feel and a great staff.  You will also have a much greater chance of receiving a room upgrade at the Grand Flora.  The complimentary breakfast buffet on the rooftop terrace, with a view of Rome, including the Vatican is lovely.  It is easy to get anywhere in Rome from the Grand Flora.  Look to the right of this page and check out the links under 'More Like This.'  They should offer more insight.

Hopefully you'll hear from others who have stayed at both properties in question.

Please let us know what you decide and more importantly, how your trip went.  This forum is a great place to hang around and share travel info.  Tons of good stuff here.

My apologies, the Boscolo Palace Roma was the property I was referring to.  It is no longer a Marriott property.

Message was edited by: pluto77

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

pluto77,

The Grand Flora is a spectacular hotel in a wonderful location.  Have not stayed at the other hotels, but would stay here on my next trip to Rome.  The staff was fantastic and the rooms were exceptional.  Just try not to get a room on the street, take a room like 620, it was exceptional!

IMG_3481.jpg

No matter where you decide to stay, have a wonderful trip!

Location Brand Hotel
      Rome, Italy Marriott Hotels & Resorts Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora
    guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

We have stayed at the Exedra and had an incredible time. Upgraded to a Junior suite that was beautiful and large, high ceilings, double doors that opened, luxurious bathroom, great amenities and a wonderful breakfast. Within walking distance to train station and a metro stop right out the front door.  We loved our stay here using points for 4 nights and getting the 5th free was an added bonus.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...