5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2014 11:00 PM by ssindc RSS

Courtyard - larger toiletries?

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Was it my imagination, or did I actually experience larger (more reasonably sized) Paul Mitchell shampoo (and other toiletries) bottles/packaging at my Courtyard stay this week?

I figured I had to bring this positive development to light, to the extent I recently whined about this (and other minor issues) here: Details, details ... pet peeves...  or just a grumpy old man?

Ever wonder how many of these little bottles Marriott customers consume (or take home)????  "In 2011, usage of shampoo among the four [lower end Marriott] hotel brands exceeded 23 million bottles, in addition to 15 million bottles of conditioner." - wow!!! Marriott Brands “Refresh” Guest Experience With First Ever Paul Mitchell Hotel Partnership - Marriott News Center

For more on competitive toiletries, see here: http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/polls/1281

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Charlottesville North
  • Re: Courtyard - larger toiletries?
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

hmm, perhaps thought I've just been at the JW  and Ren in London and they had full sized goodies in the bath.  I recall though in my last US hotel stay they did not refresh the toiletries daily where in the past they always would leave a new bar of soap or bottle of shampoo.     Was it perhaps the bottle was thinner but taller?  I have noticed that at places in the US.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

ssindc

As our in house photographer, I'm expecting pictures with scientific measurements.

Quick, get over to the Charlottesville Residence Inn, their included breakfast is worth far more

Breakfast Buffet   Fresh Waffles & Toppings    Free Hot Breakfast

than an extra squeeze of shampoo   Residence Inn Hotel Paul Mitchell Amenities. Have a good stay (catch one of America's Top Ten basketball teams while you're there and track down vaboywnder .

Yeah, erc, as always is spot on.  Alas, he (quickly) drags me off topic....

I much prefer the Charlottesville Residence Inn to either of the Courtyards.

• Indeed, as I've probably discussed somewhere on this site, I believe I've spent more nights in the C-ville Rez Inn than any other hotel, anywhere.  The location is perfect (for me), and I've found the place (very) well managed, with a really good, pleasant staff.
      • Alas, it's increasingly difficult to get into the C-ville Rez Inn, and it's gotten more expensive, and - over time - both of the C-ville Courtyards have been renovated.
      • I've returned to the C-ville North after many years of affirmatively staying away - the renovated rooms are much improved, and - for any number of reasons - maybe the new Hyatt Place nearby - the rates are very, very attractive....

As for the breakfast, I'm softening on my (philosophical) Courtyard no-breakfast cafe-concept boycott.  I've stayed at a number of Courtyards the last couple/few years, the prices are often far below the nearby Rez Inns (thus making a free breakfast a false economy - particularly with the Rez Inn 50 percent "points penalty").  In addition, I begrudgingly admit that - increasingly (particularly as my dietician cracks down on my worst eating habits) - I find the service oriented a la carte setup preferable to the buffet (which offers lots of things I can't/don't eat anymore).....

p.s. since the newest Courtyard opened in DC, I've been scheduling informal breakfast meetings there - and folks have enjoyed it - it's convenient, comfortable, reasonably priced, and easily accessible (for me)....  It's a funny world...

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

ssindc - only if you could collect points on those informal Courtyard breakfast spends! 

Actually, jakeal, I think I DO get points for the breakfast spend at CY, on my Chase Marriott Premier (Black) card, and I think I get some small multiplier too..... It may only be pennies worth of points, but pennies add up...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links