29 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2016 8:17 AM by mrbmbrown RSS

Another one off the bucket list...

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Managed to fill up the whole first page with my witty banter...

image.jpg

WHat at a great accomplishmeant, eh

Most toadily, bum-licking, complimentary reply gets a "correct" mark. erc gets a "helpful" just for turning up...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Another one off the bucket list...
    jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

brightlybob - I am keeping my fingers crossed waiting and hoping that the photos would upload and holy moly you are filling up the whole first page - well done!  If I knew you were doing so I would have waited to post

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Just "toadily" awesome.  Now go to bed (if you haven't already).

erc Platinum

As impressive as "running the board" is, even more fascinating to me is how you got your screen name on the Monthly Activity list. If I don't sign in, I don't have the list shown (do you?); if I do sign in, the list shows everyone else's screen name and my real name.

Th
    erefore I must conclude that Mrs. Bob named her little pride and joy, Brightly.  Well done Brightly .

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

That is deserving of being named a "Featured Insider."

Oh, wait, you've already crossed that off the bucket list.

Time to award those coveted helpful and correct answers...

Its been tough, but as promised erc you get a helpful, you turned up, but honestly, pal, there was no need to speak….

And for pluto77, a helpful mention for that dreadful toady pun

And the winner. ISbejacob with an excellent toady mention of my glory days as a Featured Insider, thus reminding all noobs of my pedigree and that I'm a "Big Dog " around these parts. You just remember that Tommo781… Your absence during this particular act of BobWorship was noted

Applause for all winners but especially for me, as I've found an excuse to resurrect what is one of the most pointless threads on MRI… Apart from those SpamBlogs by jeniffer  danieldean (Yes, Dan, I think I will buy that property in Dubai on the recommendation  of a spammer like you, just as soon as I get my Lobotomy reversed) mansumseo romalmehta (anyone here looking to make money out of old cartridges?) or the particularly uselessly prolific denimalbet (who can forget his incredible Accessing French Firms database? Or his outrageous advert for jeysetz, a site I have now blocked so none of my family can even access the site, encouraging as it does these spambloggers, and of course his utterly useless hypertext marketing SpamBlog). Even so, especial mention should go to darrenws bizarrely dreadful cut and paste misleading ESTA Visa blog, clearly written by an individual who has no clue what an ESTA is, or probably a visa for that matter. Yup that blog is as misleadingly spammy as it is uselessly spammy.

Altogether now, y'all, especially you darrenw

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam,

Luverly Spammmmm,

Wonderful Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam...

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Oops!  Grovel, grovel, grovel brightlybob.  Will you believe me when I say I have never seen this thread before I got an email saying you had mentioned me? Of course, had I seen it I would have naturally paid you massive compliments on your truly awesome achievement.  Grovel, grovel, grovel!

erc Platinum

I was ready to send this judgement to the Board of Appeals  until I read your

un-British-like hammering of the spammers .

BRAVO !      

danieldean Member

Hi Bob,

First of all thanks a lot for your time that you have mentioned me in your post

Secondly I am not a spammer. I have created a blog on this site to share my knowledge and researches. If you are talking about link promotion, I think time is money and when you write any post to share your knowledge and research that should have aim.

Anyways please forgive me if I hurt you by my posts.

Stay blessed

erc Platinum

I, like jerrycoin and 77paris read your tips for holiday planning and enjoyed it. I passed on Dubai, but that's the beauty of the forum, pick and choose what you like and move on. What I'm most pleased about is your follow up interaction, that to me is what separates flybys who just toss links on the board (often with only a commercial interest, and far less relevant ) and are never heard from again. I myself have responded to several similar posts and have yet to receive an acknowledgement or followup (which to me, distinguishes the 'seller' from the 'sharer').

A tip of the cap to brightlybob for separating the wheat from the chaff. Welcome to Insiders danieldean, good having you on board and participating.

danieldean Member

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your comment.

I am not here for commercial interest but want to viral my quality content and trying to share my thoughts and researches.

If you have any question, please feel free to contact me any time.

Thanks.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Well done brightlybob!

Please keep the posts coming!

Ooooops, I did it again!

I'm afraid there's no more "helpfuls" or "corrects" to hand out, so best to half-embarrassed look the other way and pretend it's not really happened...

Nothing to see here folks, nothing to see here...

WELL EXCEPT THIS:::::::::::::::::::

image.jpg

Yeah, baby...

erc Platinum

As a public service, yours truly jumped in on the beer thread (which actually shared fascinating tidbits of our British colleagues' lifestyle) and jotted a tip for securing Peroni beer.

Due to the ungodly hours in which I float around reading papers (that's right 'old school', newspapers, not that internet fad) from all over, no normal American will see your 'running the board' accomplishment -

therefore, it never happened .

Now, I must go read The Guardian to see what powerful lawyers grew up in the "Lincolnshire Yellowbelly" to see if your mom actually named you Brightly (sort of like Nicely-Nicely in Guys and Dolls).

ps - so that Insiders don't think I'm just lurking around waiting to squash superb accomplishments - brightlybob named me in about ten of his posts (regarding property write ups, which I do fully support - go man, go) and my Inbox egocentric alarm went off and woke me in the wee hours .

You have an egotistical setting on your inbox? Wow man...

I WANT ONE!

erc Platinum

1) Oh no bubba, you ain't gettin' back on that board (although, I do need my coffee)

2) If I was as tech savvy as you, I'd take a photo, screenshot, or whatever you call it (I still can't figure how you can show the Big Board Threads and your avatar name (perhaps it's that science known as photoshop).

3) If I did have those tech skills the personalized egocentric alarm would look something like this

Look, I'm not going to infantilise this site by replying neverendingly to your repeated postings just so I can hold my board-running position as long as possible... I'm just not... OK?

erc Platinum

Hey, you're (or at least were) gainfully employed with a meaningful career - I'm a n'er do well with loads of holiday time.

Until the Mrs. yells at me, I can play all day

and when I finish bejacob's (wake up b.e.) Tagging School, there's no stopping me - I'll shoot up the Credits list - wheeeee

Ok, enough tomfoolery - back to great travel insights

Insiders - take a look at some of Brightly's property reports and dive in

6ed36df6-9b3c-452f-8275-06fbde ...

Beware, I'm not in court today, so I have time on my hands.

And do you know what a lawyer does with time in his hands?

Well, tiddlywinks, obviously. But after the tiddlywinks? A quick glance at the Times Law Reports. And after the Times Law Reports? Well a large mug of milky tea, of course...

But after the tiddlywinks, Law Reports and mug of milky tea? Then it's time to find people to sue... And you're rising up the list. I've got my 1st Amendment rights which you're interfering with.

Now where's that Writ...?

I'm glad you're keeping brightlybob in check, erc. I've been so busy working extra hours, I haven't had time to comment (or to keep is name from filling up the list).

Despite the shorter daylight hours, I'm longing to hit the road to visit some additional counties (preferably in Florida or some other warm place ). Alas, work keeps getting in the way.

On the plus side, the extra hours are going in the "credit/comp" bank, so I'll have an extra week (or two) to use next year. Now we're talking.

erc Platinum

We all need to get work like brightlybob, he got paid for all of this jibber jabber since he mentioned writ .

I'm all over Florida next week - Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, Sebring, Orlando and places like Avon Park where few Insiders have ever ventured. I'll check out some courthouses for you (naaaah).

A good day to all.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Well done brightlybob Most people only manage to cross something off their bucket list once.  You have managed twice.  How many more times I wonder?  And how long will this time last?

I absent myself for a week and look what happens

image.jpg

It's been a few months, but look what taking up a "like" contract on misterchk does to the homepage.

image.png

Hmmm. Am I the only one partaking of this contract?

I return from my honeymoon and whaddya know...?

image.png

Oooooops.... Sorry folks. Quick get posting everyone!

Looks like you have some competition brightlybob.

board.PNG

mrbmbrown Platinum

Didn't know that was a goal... should it be added to my "bucket list?"

You can add it to your bucket list, and cross it off as done at the same time. Alas, there's no achievement badge to recognise the feat!

Brilliantly spotted bejacob, showing exactly why you deserved the "correct answer" award in the first place

And quite the achievement for you too mrbmbrown! Are you, like me, a gasbag lawyer paid by the word? Or just enthusiastic?

mrbmbrown Platinum

Nope... just enthusiastic I guess.