17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2014 4:19 PM by mnmom1 RSS

Credit Card Nights Not Posting?

dgreen12 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

There's a fair amount of chatter on a different board about elite nights from Marriott credit card spend not posting.

Some have had nights from September spend (which should have posted in October) not post.

Others, including me, have had nights from October spend not post in November.  For me, the nights usually get adjusted within two or three days of the spend posting.  So far, it's been about a week or so and no adjustment to nights.

What are others experiencing?  Is there a system glitch?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Credit Card Nights Not Posting?
    erc Platinum

Whereas as lifetimer, I don't track as diligently as I used to (points keep me busy enough), I did notice as early as last month (October) that my current year night balance hadn't moved since the summer, yet my credit card charges certainly exceeded $3k (by several nights worth ), so add me to the list that hasn't had any adjustments.

Mixing cultural references, "those wascally wabbits in I.T.";  they do keep us hopping.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

My September credot card nights posted October 18, I am looking for Octower nights to post next week.  If not, add me to the club, but either way you have my support ion the virtual,petition for more timely posting

cnardelli Platinum

I called a few days ago as my October nights have not posted. Chase told me the nights were transferred by them and it was Marriott's fault they hadn't been posted. So I called Marriott and they said it was Chase's issue and that there had been many calls. Marriott went on to say Chase is aware of it and working on a fix. When I told them that Chase blamed Marriott, they laughed. So, who knows what the truth is

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

You can add me to the list as I am also missing credit for nights stayed via credit card spend.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Over a week from original post and no reply from Marriott.... I find it troubling that any issue that has to do with IT has a lack of timely response.... I think many people are often intimidated by IT folks as they do not have the knowledge to challenge them on their estimates of a cause and then repair.... I guess Marriott is no different.....

cnardelli Platinum

FInally received credit and posting of November nights on MR web site.

cnardelli Platinum

Correction....October nights

NathalieF

Do we have a response/resolution from Marriott Rewards on this item yet??  Can you please provide an update.

Thank you.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi Insiders,

Thanks for bringing this issue to attention on MRI - all accounts should now be updated! The issue only affected October spend, and should not be a problem moving forward.

emry88 Platinum

Hi:

This still seems to be a problem and now credit card points have not posted in the timeframe that they have in the past.

Thank you!

Thanks for the confirmation, as I know I am missing credits for October and November.....

dexterdog Platinum

Sorry, but the night credits have not posted to my account. The rewards points have

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I must admit, over 2014  I've had to chase up 33 elite nights credit (3 meetings and 1 hotel stay) and, no exaggeration, over 40,000 points during what has been a chronic year for Marriott point-shorting. It's been frustrating at times and I cant imagine how many opportunities a premium credit card presents for both the credit card company and Marriott to foul-up the points and nights credits between them. A Marriott premium card is apparently in the pipeline for the UK, but I'm not sure whether I'll take it up, especially as my 2nd hotel group, IHG, has just brought out a premium card, and I've never actually suffered either a missing stay or any significant point-shorting with them, suggesting my credit card may be better placed with IHG. I'm not sure though, as I do prefer both Marriott hotels and it's loyalty program. On the other hand, IHG points are always useful, as you can see I'm really split here, though I wouldn't be if Marriott was better at this, however if I'm paying for the card, I want to KNOW the points I've paid for (via the fee) are properly credited. I'm not confident I'll get the points without substantial effort that would negate the cards value. I don't want to have to keep an excel record to deal with this...

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

hey dexterdog not sure if you had seen this thread, seems others are having similar issues with card credits

gw615 Silver

Points have not posted to my account and it never took this long from my spend on Chase card.  As bad as that I use ShopMyWay on Marriott often and they had all my purchases showing in the account as pending from the first of November until up to yesterday and they have all disappeared.  Poof, gone.

ShopMyWay has no phone number and I did get a reply from email reply today that I need to send them all the information from the purchases so they can investigate.  Wow....they have no history of what was showing in my account for weeks and I am left piecing it back together.  Have these sites been through a cyber attack or something?

I called Marriott Rewards about my card closing on the 21st and they said others are having the same problem, sorry, give it time.  Glad I didn't plan to use the points anytime soon.  Next time I am taking screen shots of everything.

Thank you for letting me vent!

mnmom1 Silver

This is helpful.  I am waiting for my spending for November's statement (due on the 22d) to post to reserve a room, so guess I better stand in line and be more patient. 

But I have to say, I guess I've been spoiled all these years by Delta as spending posted immediately.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...